Universal Fidget Spinner to Spinning Top Converter
- 959 views
- 3 likes
- 42 downloads
3D model description
Are there too many fidget spinners laying around your house?
Did you print them, buy them or got them as a gift?
Are you bored spinning them in your hand?
Why not convert one or two of them to a regular spinning top? :-)
- should work for every fidget spinner with a 608 center bearing and a standard thickness
- swap the center bearing for one of my support free printed converters
- spinning top!
- had the idea a while back, but it took some time to "get it right"
- I made many designs and options to choose from
- haven´t seen anything like this yet, and I really wanted to see if it would work
- modeled in Fusion 360, model units are [mm]
I know there are a lot of different files, so here is a little guide for you to choose the correct ones:
1) every filename consists of 3 blocks divided by an underline "_"
2) look at the "design type" picture to choose a design you like, this defines the first block
3) look at the "tip type" picture to choose a printed pointy tip, or an inserted steel ball as tip, this defines the second block (Steel balls work great for hard surfaces like glass or metal)
4) Choose if you want to print the converter in one part, standing up (brim recommended) or consisting of multiple parts for easier printing, this defines the third block
- bottom parts for multipart versions are the same for all designs, you just need to choose the tip type. Ball tip type does not need a pin for alignment.
- modeled to press fit into the empty 608 pockets
- if the fit is not right for you, try scaling the model +/- 1%, or use a layer of tape to increase pressure
- modeled to fit 13mm diameter steel balls and 1/2" steel balls (_inch models)
- Please let me know if you have any problems with the models
- I plan on creating more designs in the future
3D printing settings
- 0.2 print resolution
- no raft/supports needed
- brim recommend for full part prints
- 3D file format: STL
- Publication date: 2017/08/13 at 14:45
Best sellers of the category Gadget
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!