6mm Marble Machine
- 9.2k views
- 64 likes
- 551 downloads
- 1 make
3D model description
- inspired by the great marble machine from tulio
- I wanted to create my own marble machine using a pack of 6mm diameter steels balls (airsoft ammunition with the same diameter should work too)
- I wanted to try a different method of elevating the balls/marbles. I created a system where they are pushed into the vertical shaft one by one using a kind of geared wheel
- this pushwheel is connected to a wormgear to have it self-locked and with a high torque to push the tower of balls inside the elevating shaft
- the marble machine is seprated into the base, with the elevating mechanism and the elevating shaft and the marble track itself with the nozzle on top
- It is a modular concept, to be able to have different track options with only one base
- the parts will need a little bit of glue during assembly, but don´t glue track and nozzle if you plan to keep it modular
- I plan to release more track designs in the future
all parts are designed to print without any support
parts you need to print:
1x track(4 revolutions) or track_slower (5 revolutions)
model untis are [mm]
3D printing settings
- no raft/supports needed
- 0.2mm layer height
- printed in DasFilament PLA
3D printer file information
3D design format: STL Folder details Close
- Last update: 2018-04-03 at 10:17
- Publication date: 2018-03-26 at 21:42
Collection associated with this 3D model
Best sellers of the category Gadget
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!