6mm Marble Machine
- 4.9k views
- 47 likes
- 400 downloads
3D model description
- inspired by the great marble machine from tulio
- I wanted to create my own marble machine using a pack of 6mm diameter steels balls (airsoft ammunition with the same diameter should work too)
- I wanted to try a different method of elevating the balls/marbles. I created a system where they are pushed into the vertical shaft one by one using a kind of geared wheel
- this pushwheel is connected to a wormgear to have it self-locked and with a high torque to push the tower of balls inside the elevating shaft
- the marble machine is seprated into the base, with the elevating mechanism and the elevating shaft and the marble track itself with the nozzle on top
- It is a modular concept, to be able to have different track options with only one base
- the parts will need a little bit of glue during assembly, but don´t glue track and nozzle if you plan to keep it modular
- I plan to release more track designs in the future
all parts are designed to print without any support
parts you need to print:
1x track(4 revolutions) or track_slower (5 revolutions)
model untis are [mm]
3D printing settings
- no raft/supports needed
- 0.2mm layer height
- printed in DasFilament PLA
- 3D file format: STL
- Last update: 2018/04/03 at 10:17
- Publication date: 2018/03/26 at 21:42
Collection associated with this 3D model
Makes created by the community
Best sellers of the category Gadget
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!