I have a motor that I wanted to test with Hooptey's Vertical Axis Wind Turbine. He was kind enough to post the SLDPART's so I went to work and modified both the hub and the arms.
The changes are:
Testing began with the finishing of version 6. It was a massive failure. Not only was wind not very strong, but I did not have blades required (the blinds). Instead I cut out cardboard blades.
When tested with a leaf blower it became clear that there is a specific angle that must be caught. The arms will have to be changed.
Another issue could be I need gearing to turn the motor, but there is so little force needed it might not be needed.
After a little research, it would make sense to do longer blinds, and possibly more arms.
50% infil, 1 shell
100% infill, 1 shell
Each arm can be attached to the hub by 3 x 3.12mm Torx self threading screws. Make sure to first place the hub extenders in line with the outer two arm screws on each arm. The hub extenders allow you to add layers. You can add as many layers are you want! Alternately, the holes can be widened slightly and standard M3 hardware (10mm screw, M3 bolt) may be used.
Motor should be enclosed in the motor mount pieces. Place the front motor mount in place and attach with included motor machine screws. Next attach the polls to the Front Motor Mount. 1 x 3.12mm Torx self threading screw needs to be used. Finally attach the Rear Motor Mount and attach in the same way you did the front. The same type of thumbscrew used to attach the shaft to the hub can be used to attach a gardening pole (1/2") to the Rear Motor Mount.