Flashforge Creator Pro Super Duper Spool Hanger
- 518 views
- 0 likes
- 8 downloads
3D model description
Edit: Sep-19-2016: changed the design to metric.
This is a super duper hanger for the Flashforge Creator Pro and similar printers. This design has a few advantage
- Bearings based, virtually zero friction.
- Easy to mount and remove the spool. No screwing required.
- Easy to install and remove holder from the printer (e.g. in tight places)
- Fits all common spool form factor and spool holes, including Hatchbox spool with 1" hole.
Printing: print in the orientation of the provided STL file. This orientation will provide the max strength. I printed with ABS, 4 bottom/side/top layers, 0.2mm layers with 0.4mm nozzle, 20% infill and support material from the printing bed to that large round bump.
Materials: M6*90 screw (e.g. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0143ACXD4), 4 X 626 bearings (I prefer the plastic/glass type, search ebay for '626 Plastic Nylon POM Ball Bearings', they turn smoothly, open don't require lubrication, don't rust, and light weight), and an M6 hex nut.
Assembly: debar the spacers and other holes (use a debarring tool such as Shaviv or a large drill bit) insert the bolt into the base, inserts the spacers and bearings insert the end piece and the nut and tighten everything.
Verifying your assembly:
* Make sure that all the bearings turn freely. The spacers are designed with chamfer at their ends to make sure the touch only the center part of the bearings.
* Make sure the end piece is well tighten and that it is pointing up. If it doesn't point up, release it, release, turn the bolt in the base a third of a turn or so and tighten again.
- 3D file format: SCAD and STL
- Publication date: 2020/01/29 at 21:02
- super duper
Best sellers of the category Tool
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!