Gecko Fridge Magnet
- 575 views
- 1 like
- 41 downloads
3D model description
This is a remix of thing 1363148. The gecko has three magnets cavities that allow to embed 1, 2, or 3 magnets, depending on the necessary force.
The cavities were designed for 5/16 x 5/16 cylindrical Neodymium magnets which are available on ebay from many sellers (8mm x 8mm cylindrical magnets will also fit).
To embed the magnets I pause the printing a few mm above the magnet top (0.6mm base + 5/16 = about 8.6mm, so pausing at z=11 would do), then drop the magnets in, push them down with a non magnetic toothpick, just in case, and then dropping a few drop of super glue, and resuming the printing.
* If you insert 3 magnets, alternate their polarities to have them stay in place while you drop the glue. Having all three magnets in same orientation make them harder to manage,
* If you print a few geckos, you can use both right and left models for verity (they are mirrored by the Y axis).
* Make sure to drop the super glue below the printing line such that it will not contaminate the nozzle.
* Using two magnets (leaving the middle one empty) result in a fairly strong fridge magnet, stronger than most cheap fridge magnets you can but at stores.
* I print with opaque PTEG (e.g. red) due to the saturated color and shiny texture.
* Infill level is not critical, 10% or 20% should do.
- 3D file format: STL
- Publication date: 2020/01/29 at 21:24
Best sellers of the category Home
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!