Gecko Fridge Magnet
3D model description
This is a remix of thing 1363148. The gecko has three magnets cavities that allow to embed 1, 2, or 3 magnets, depending on the necessary force.
The cavities were designed for 5/16 x 5/16 cylindrical Neodymium magnets which are available on ebay from many sellers (8mm x 8mm cylindrical magnets will also fit).
To embed the magnets I pause the printing a few mm above the magnet top (0.6mm base + 5/16 = about 8.6mm, so pausing at z=11 would do), then drop the magnets in, push them down with a non magnetic toothpick, just in case, and then dropping a few drop of super glue, and resuming the printing.
* If you insert 3 magnets, alternate their polarities to have them stay in place while you drop the glue. Having all three magnets in same orientation make them harder to manage,
* If you print a few geckos, you can use both right and left models for verity (they are mirrored by the Y axis).
* Make sure to drop the super glue below the printing line such that it will not contaminate the nozzle.
* Using two magnets (leaving the middle one empty) result in a fairly strong fridge magnet, stronger than most cheap fridge magnets you can but at stores.
* I print with opaque PTEG (e.g. red) due to the saturated color and shiny texture.
* Infill level is not critical, 10% or 20% should do.
3D printer file information
3D design format: STL Folder details Close
2020-01-29 at 21:24
?Published to Thingiverse on: 2018-03-29 at 22:47
Best 3D printer files of the Home category
Best sellers of the category Home
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
AFFILIATION: Make your purchases online by clicking on our affiliate links here Amazon.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!