Flashforge Creator Pro improved Dome handle
- 327 views
- 0 likes
- 5 downloads
3D model description
This is a top handle for the Improved Dome for Flashforge Creator Pro thing http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1194887. It makes it easy to remove and place the dome using one hand.
This thing was designed by customizing the parametric handle generator http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2320611. If you use the stock dome or any other dome, you can customize it to your specific dimensions.
I attached it to the dome using 3M 2Lb (1Kg) double sides mounting tape.
A few design notes:
* The handle is attached to the dome near its front and rear walls for increase strength and stability.
* The two bases of the handle are extra wide for additional lateral stability.
* Make sure to attach the handle at the center of the dome for better stability.
* I printed it with PLA, 0.2mm 200C (higher temp = better layer adhesion), cooling fan on and material support. I also used brim to prevent the edges of the bases from lifting.
3D printing settings
Using the following options:
base_diameter = 30
handle_proportion = 2.7
filet = 5
base_proportion = 2.5
hole_depth = 15
handle_length = 125
base_rotation = 90
handle_bent_radius = 10
handle_height = 30
base_height = 3
base_offset = 0
$fn = 90
bent_fn = 30
hole_diameter = 1.5
handle_thickness = 7
- 3D file format: STL
- 3D model size: X 155 × Y 75 × Z 33.5 mm
- Publication date: 2020/01/29 at 21:09
Best sellers of the category Home
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!