SPOOL STORAGE BOX (UPCYCLING)
- 2.2k views
- 9 likes
- 8 downloads
3D model description
Upcycle your empty - Fillamentum - spools (no hardware required)!
I made this one on my wife's request, to store diamonds (for diamond painting). It includes one big and one small drawers, which makes it very convenient to use any diamond quantities!
- BIG 1 & 2 - fit into the BIG drawer
- SMALL 1 & 2 - fit into SMALL drawer (or two in the BIG drawer)
Spool dimensions (Fillamentum):
- External diameter: 20cm
- Internal diameter: 11cm
- Height to fit drawers: 4.4cm
If your spool height is different, you can always z re-size the drawers to fit!
- Drill 4x 2mm holes in the top of bottom of the spool for each hinge (using the guide - stl included) - make sure the top and bottom holes are perfectly aligned!
- Slide through the hole and drawers a piece of 1.75mm filament
- Melt both sides with a lighter (to prevent it from getting out)
Nice to have: I have also added holes to include magnets on the drawers (size are 3mm diameter x 1.4mm width).
This STL is for personal use only (contact me for commercial license). Do not copy or redistribute it.
3D printing settings
Printed in 0.3mm layer height - I am sure 0.2mm would work just as fine.
No raft, not support, no brim.
- 3D file format: STL
- Last update: 2021/01/11 at 17:16
- Publication date: 2020/04/25 at 12:18
Engineer by training, crazy about 3D printing 😎
Like my designs? Support me on patreon!
Best sellers of the category Art
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!