Spool storage box (upcycling) - 40 compartments
- 2.7k views
- 10 likes
- 36 downloads
3D model description
Here is a way to re-use your empty spools (no hardware required) - I made this one on my wife's request, to store diamonds (for diamond painting). I have included multiple options, and this includes the following parts:
- BIG (1 layer per spool)
- SMALL (2 layers per spool)
- SMALL with holes (2 layers - to see the boxes labels)
- BIG 1 & 2 to fit into the SMALL drawer
- SMALL 1 & 2 (2 layers per SMALL drawer)
- SMALL 1 & 2 with grooves (to sort the diamonds directly)
Spool dimensions (quite standard):
- External diameter: 20cm
- Max internal diameter: 9.5cm (mine was 8cm on the pics)
- Spool height (gap for the drawer): 5.6cm
If your spool height is different, you can always z re-size the drawers to fit!
- Drill 4x 2mm holes in the top of bottom of the spool for each hinge (using the guide - stl included) - make sure the top and bottom holes are perfectly aligned!
- Slide through the hole and drawers a piece of 1.75mm filament
- Melt both sides with a lighter (to prevent it from getting out)
Nice to have: I have also added holes to include magnets on the drawers (size are 3mm diameter x 1.4mm width)
This STL is for personal use only (contact me for commercial license). Do not copy or redistribute it.
3D printing settings
Printed in 0.3mm layer height - I am sure 0.2mm would work just as fine.
No raft, not support, no brim.
- 3D file format: STL
- Last update: 2021/01/11 at 17:17
- Publication date: 2020/04/18 at 17:48
Engineer by training, crazy about 3D printing 😎
Like my designs? Support me on patreon!
Best sellers of the category Tool
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!