- 7.3k views
- 15 likes
- 236 downloads
3D model description
This is a life-sized (100 cm long!) replica of Mulan's sword, from the Disney animated film released in 1998.
The main goal of this model was to minimize the amount of external tools and materials required to build it. The pieces were designed in a way that you don't even need to paint it, as you can print each one of the sections using filament of the corresponding color!
1) Glue together the halves that make up the parts labeled BladeA, BladeB and BladeTip.
2) Assemble all the Blade pieces using superglue.
3) Put the rectangular ending of the Blade in one of the Guard halves. Make sure that it fits properly, and glue it. Then, cover it with the other half.
4) Put the Ferrules at the ends of the Handle, and press until they fit tightly.
5) Put the Pommel in the end of the Handle that doesn't have a rectangular hole.
6) Put glue at the rectangular end of the Blade that comes out of the Guard, and use it to join the Blade to the Handle.
Take a look at the attached pictures. The steps for the assembly are illustrated.
*You can change the sword's size by reducing or increasing the number of BladeB pieces. This way, you can adapt this design to the size of the person that will use it. Each one of the pieces adds or removes 180mm from the blade's lenght.
3D printing settings
Recommended settings for each part:
Guard.STL (2 times) : 1.5mm layer height, 40% infill, Supports enabled
Handle.STL : 2.0mm layer height, 40% infill, No supports needed
Ferrule.STL (2 times) : 1.5mm layer height, 40% infill, No supports needed
Pommel.STL : 2.0mm layer height, 40% infill, No supports needed
BladeTip.STL (2 times) : 2.0mm layer height, 10% infill, No supports needed
BladeA.STL (2 times) : 2.0mm layer height, 15% infill, Supports enabled
BladeB.STL (6 times*) : 2.0mm layer height, 40% infill, Supports enabled
3D printer file information
3D design format: STL Folder details Close
- Publication date: 2016/11/28 at 16:04
Mechatronics engineer. My side-quest involves making my own videogame!
Best sellers of the category Art
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!