This is my first attempt to design a low poly figure. Like many, I'm a big fan of comic books, toys, and superhero movies so I wanted to design a 3D print that covered these three areas. I wanted the design to be simple yet iconic so I chose the Hulk. He has minimal costume, bright colors, and a lot of muscles! I had a lot of fun on this project and I learned a few things along the way so I hope you can, too. Happy 3D printing!
Follow me on Instagram at 'biglildesign' and see how the Low Poly Hulk was made.
Low Poly Hulk
- 6" tall (153.6mm)
- Multi-part Assembly (Head, Body, Arms, Hands, Upper Legs, Feet, and Cylinders)
- The Low Poly Hulk shown in the photos was printed on a Makerbot Replicator 2 at 200 microns in PLA filament. The head was printed at 100 microns.
- I recommend printing 'Head_Front' for better surfacing on the face but if this orientation is not stable on your print bed, then use 'Head_Up'.
- All the parts require support except the feet and upper legs. The body will have minimum support.
- Before painting acrylic paint, I sprayed Adhesion Promoter by Duplicolor. This is not required in order to paint acrylic onto these parts.
- Acrylic Paints: Apple Tart (green), Purple, Black, and White
- After painting, I super glued the hands to the arms, feet to the upper legs, and head to the body.
- I used neodymium magnets to connect the arms and upper legs to the body for articulation. The magnets are 9mm diameter and 4mm thick. In case you don't have these magnets, I've included 'Cylinders' to connect the parts. Choose which tolerance is the best fit for your 3D print.
- I've provided screenshots to show the orientation of each part on the 3D printer platform.
Good luck and happy 3D printing!
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!