Sony E-mount Rear Lens Cap
- 5.2k views
- 9 likes
- 226 downloads
3D model description
I really liked the lens cap design made by LxO, which had the best fit of the ones I've tried. I wanted to see if I could improve it further, and did the following changes:
- Entirely new grip, making it easier to hold tightly while eliminating any sharp edges. Using a tapered end, this design is slightly smaller that the original.
- Remade logo, using depth differentials to overlay Sony with E.
- Larger side knob for the marker (easy to find by touch).
- New bottom marker recess where you can add a drop of paint (easy to find by eye).
- Thinner bottom - less weight.
If you want to sand this in any way (e.g. the top side that goes against the lens housing) make sure that you get rid of all dust before trying it out on a lens.
3D printer file information
3D design format: STL Folder details Close
- Sony E-mount rear lens cap v2.stl
- Publication date: 2017-03-28 at 00:09
Hi! I'm a tinkerer, designer and maker from Sweden. If you like my designs, feel free to leave a comment. :)
Collection associated with this 3D model
Best sellers of the category Various
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!