container reach stacker HO scale 1:87
- 3.8k views
- 11 likes
- 11 downloads
3D model description
The model of a reach stacker in HO scale (1:87), based on a Konecranes SMV 3545
This model was designed with FDM printing in mind but you might have better results with an SLA printer. If printed on an FDM printer, you will need a 0.25mm nozzle (or finer) and layer heights of 0.05mm.
I modeled all of the joints in Fusion 360, I then exported different positions of the moving parts. You will have to choose a position for the boom and to either print the grabber for 20ft or 40ft containers (I used the measurements from Marklin HO scale containers and the pegs on all 4 corners should line up with those ones).
The model uses 2x M2 x 16 bolts to attach the front wheels to the body and 2x M4 x 10 bolts for the rear wheels.
The rest of the model needs to be glued on, some parts have alignment blocks (either on the parts themselves or printed separately) to ensure proper alignment.
3D printing settings
You will have to print :
base and wheels:
- 2x Stacker_rearWheel
- 2x Stacker_frontWheel_inner
- 2x Stacker_frontWheel_outer
- 2x Stacker_wheelSpacer
- 1x Stacker_body_L
- 1x Stacker_body_R
- 1x Stacker_exhaust
- 1x Stacker_cabin
for the cable chain, you need to choose one of the four positions, 1 being the cab all the way back and 4 being all the way forward :
- 1x Stacker_cableChain_1 / 2 / 3 / 4
- 1x Stacker_boom_R
- 1x Stacker_boom_L
- 1x Stacker_boomExtension_R
- 1x Stacker_boomExtension_L
lift cylinders (*uses the angle of the boom, from 0° = horizontal boom to 60° = max angle) :
- 1x Stacker_liftCylinder_angle*deg_R
- 1x Stacker_liftCylinder_angle*deg_L
tilt cylinders (same angle as the boom) :
- 1x Stacker_tiltCylinder_angle deg_R
- 1x Stacker_tiltCylinder_angle* deg_L
- 1x Stacker_rotatorTop
- 1x Stacker_rotatorBottom
- 1x Stacker_rotator_alignmentBlock
- 1x Stacker_connectingPlate_L
- 1x Stacker_connectingPlate_R
container grabber (either for 20ft or 40ft containers) :
- 1x Stacker_grabber_attachmentPlate
- 1x Stacker_grabber_alignmentBlock
- 1x Stacker_grabber_20/40ft_centered_bot
- 1x Stacker_grabber_20/40ft_centered_top_1
- 1x Stacker_grabber_20/40ft_centered_top_2
All the files are in the .zip compressed file but I have also included a few of them as .stl's to give a preview (there where to many files to be uploaded directly as stl's)
3D printer file information
3D design format: STL and ZIP Folder details Close
- Stacker stls.zip
- Publication date: 2021-08-27 at 11:11
I am an Engineering student living in Belgium.
Best sellers of the category Various
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!