RC submarine HMS Gotland 1/48
- 4.4k views
- 14 likes
- 303 downloads
3D model description
1. Enlarged the hole for the WTC fo fit both 75mm and 3" pipes. Section 2-6 are re-uploaded with the larger diameter hole.
2. Adding periscope and some other stuff on the top of the sail and splitting off the rear part to be able to print it standing up without support. Ref Sail_v3 and Sail_v3_part2, and aux1-3 for the periscope etc.
3. Reoriented the parts to be in correct orientation for printing
1. Added flat WTC endcap to make it easier to drill holes for servo linkages and prop shaft. The plan is to have holes and flanges incorporated in the endcap .stl, but as I don't have the techrack finished this will be done later on.
1. I made a version of the bow with separate torpedo hatches upon request.
2. New version of the sail contributed by rOEN911. Added to downloadable files by name sail_v2. Thanks!
This is the Swedish submarine HMS Gotland in scale 1/48 ment for radio controll.
The project is ongoing and will update along the way. I'm also grateful for any suggestions on improvements, either on printeability, scale look or function.
Some details on the concept:
No expensive parts shall be required, except regular rc equipment (not 2,4ghz, as it doesn't work underwater)
No or minimal need for support, all sections shall print okay without support if oriented correctly, except section 7 that needs support for the access hatch.
Static diver, my plan in to use a so called high pressure pump ballast system where a washer fluid pump will serve as pump.
A standard 3" / 75mm PVC pipe (sold as sewer pipes) will be used as dry hull/WTC, and ballast tank.
She is a little over 60m long, so a scale of 1/48 gives 1.25m.
Fun fact is that Gotland with it's stirling engines sneaked by the sonar defences and "sank" USS Ronald Reagan during an exercise in 2005 (well, at least photographed her within effective torpedo range).
- 3D file format: STL
- Publication date: 2020/09/04 at 21:45
Best sellers of the category Game
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!