Crawler Cat 1 “Mammoth” (MAN KAT 1 replica) - 1/10 RC body
3D model description
Built for heavy offroad utility, the Cat 1 “Mammoth” is a truly versatile truck that can be custom built for so many different purposes in both military and civilian uses. (Please note that this does NOT include the expedition cab. The expedition cab is sold separately). Cat 1 Expedition cab can be found here: https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/crawler-cat-1-expedition-cab
We have built it as a camper called the “Nomad”.
Check out the expedition cab for the Cat 1 “Mammoth” here: https://www.aheadrc.com/custom-builds
The build was based on the SCX10 iii stretched and modified chassis recycled from the Crawler C23 “Workhorse”, which can be found here:
The Mammoth is intended to be used with 120-125mm tyres (for 1/10 scale), which can be configured in 4x4 and 6x6. In 4x4 configuration it is recommended to use a wheelbase of 420mm as this would provide the most scale looking proportions. In 6x6 configuration, the TRX6’s wheelbase would also look spot on. The outermost tyre to tyre width recommended is 240mm, although wide track fenders are also included if you’re looking for an extra aggressive stance or for more overall stability, which a width of 265mm will be ideal.
Scale diagrams are shown for mock-up wheelbase setups.
A detailed dashboard and 2 different styles of steering wheels are included for the interior.
A front body mount is included with the standard 43mm width posts designed to 34mm in length. If the posts are too long, then it is possible to cut them shorter to better fit your specific build.
There are a lot true scale features and functions on this truck cab:
The functional side tyre carrier can hold a tyre with a maximum diameter of 127mm and width of 45mm.
Foldable door mirrors are included so you can still have the scale realistic look without the worry of breaking them.
The roof latch can be opened and closed, as well as being locked. This gives more options for battery mounting and easier access to the battery for changing.
The doors can be opened and shut with the use of hinges (not included).
There are 2 versions of the front cover, to give your truck a different look to your liking.
The lower bumper has 2 towing eyes for shackles and towing. An integrated fairlead is also designed into the bumper for winching.
Wide track and standard width fenders are included which provides the option to run a wider stance.
All 6x headlights and front cover side light buckets and lenses are included. All you need are 6x 5mm LED warm white lights and 2x 3mm orange LED lights.
View the link below to download the assembly instructions
Designed to be printer friendly, the parts come in a variety of included options.
Cab: (Ideal to print in upside down orientation)
Cab full (cab is a 1 piece print. Requires a printer that can print a minimum of 235x255x175mm)
Cab split(splits the cab into 2 halves, a 2 piece print. Requires a printer that can print a minimum of 120x255x175mm)
Standard (standard width meant for 240mm width outermost tyre to tyre)
Wide track (meant for 265mm width outermost tyre to tyre)
Split (3 piece print for less printed supports, and for cleaner prints. Assembly required)
Full (1 piece print ideal for resin printing. No assembling required)
Standard (No headlights, military type)
Alt version (with headlights for more expedition and civilian look)
Standard (stock steering wheel look)
Alt version (custom 3 spoke steering wheel)
Some files will need to be printed multiple times, this includes the following:
Headlight lens for alt ver front cover x2
Headlight lens for side step x2
Side light lens x2
Towing eye x2
Roof hinge x2
Roof long vent x2
Mirror upper mount x2
Mirror lower mount x2
Small hinge x10
A .zip file containing all the print files is also included for convenience. DXF files for the windows are also included.
It is highly recommended to read the instruction manual before purchasing, to ensure you have all the required tools and hardware to assemble this body.
Should you need any help, please do not hesitate to contact us!
3D printing settings
Requires a printer that can print a minimum volume of: 120x255x175mm.
0.3mm-0.4mm (0.6mm nozzle) layer heights
20-30% infill density
Supports are necessary
Print cab upside down for less supports
Finished and assembled size:
324*264*190mm (All parts assembled)
3D printer file information
- Design number: 854883
3D design format: PDF and ZIP Folder details Close
- ahead RC Crawler Cat 1 Mammoth.pdf
ahead RC Crawler Cat 1 Mammoth.zip
- door/door handle left.stl
- door/door handle right.stl
- door/door left.stl
- door/door right.stl
- DXF FILES/door window.dxf
- DXF FILES/windshield left.dxf
- DXF FILES/windshield right.dxf
- fender/fender left (wide track ver).stl
- fender/fender left.stl
- fender/fender right (wide track ver).stl
- fender/fender right.stl
- grille/front cover (alt ver).stl
- grille/front cover side light lens (1).stl
- grille/front cover side light lens (2).stl
- grille/front cover.stl
- grille/front handle.stl
- grille/headlight lens (for alt ver front cover) (1).stl
- grille/headlight lens (for alt ver front cover) (2).stl
- interior/dashboard lever.stl
- interior/steering wheel (alt ver).stl
- interior/steering wheel base.stl
- interior/steering wheel cap logo.stl
- interior/steering wheel cap.stl
- interior/steering wheel.stl
- mirror/mirror (1).stl
- mirror/mirror (2).stl
- mirror/mirror arm left.stl
- mirror/mirror arm right.stl
- mirror/mirror lower mount (1).stl
- mirror/mirror lower mount (2).stl
- mirror/mirror upper mount (1).stl
- mirror/mirror upper mount (2).stl
- mount/body mount.stl
- roof/roof cage.stl
- roof/roof hatch front.stl
- roof/roof hatch.stl
- roof/roof hinge (1).stl
- roof/roof hinge (2).stl
- roof/roof latch handle.stl
- roof/roof latch latch.stl
- roof/top vent long (1).stl
- roof/top vent long (2).stl
- roof/top vent.stl
- ahead RC Crawler Cat 1 Mammoth.pdf
- accessories/fuel filler cap.stl
- accessories/side bumper left.stl
- accessories/side bumper right.stl
- accessories/side vent.stl
- accessories/small hinge (1).stl
- accessories/small hinge (10).stl
- accessories/small hinge (2).stl
- accessories/small hinge (3).stl
- accessories/small hinge (4).stl
- accessories/small hinge (5).stl
- accessories/small hinge (6).stl
- accessories/small hinge (7).stl
- accessories/small hinge (8).stl
- accessories/small hinge (9).stl
- accessories/step headlight lens (1).stl
- accessories/step headlight lens (2).stl
- accessories/step left.stl
- accessories/step right.stl
- accessories/tire carrier rack.stl
- accessories/wiper/wiper full left.stl
- accessories/wiper/wiper full right.stl
- accessories/wiper/wiper split arm left.stl
- accessories/wiper/wiper split arm right.stl
- accessories/wiper/wiper split blade left.stl
- accessories/wiper/wiper split blade right.stl
- bumper/front bumper.stl
- bumper/lower bumper.stl
- bumper/towing eye (1).stl
- bumper/towing eye (2).stl
- cab/cab full.stl
- cab/cab split left.stl
- cab/cab split right.stl
- cab/rear cab joint.stl
- cab/top cab joint.stl
- cab/windshield seal left.stl
- cab/windshield seal right.stl
- Last update: 2023-04-01 at 07:11
- Publication date: 2022-09-21 at 02:23
Best 3D printer files of the Auto & moto category
Best sellers of the category Auto & moto
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your banner blocker (AdBlock, …) and click on our banner ads.
AFFILIATION: Make your purchases online by clicking on our affiliate links here Amazon.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via Ko-Fi 💜.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!