05.10.23. Results announcement of lamp design and 3D printing contest.
Drum roll please... It's time to announce the winners of the #LAMPSXCULTS contest! We received a huge amount of entries and all the participants excelled, which made it very difficult to choose the winners. A big thank you to all of you for your creativity and commitment!
Here are the big winners!
- 1st: Really Cool Print in Place Folding-Collapsing Lamp by mireplica3d.
- 2nd: Spool Lamp by creaserra.
- 3rd: Invisible Candle by LittleTup.
We would also like to mention the entries that we liked very much and that were very popular with the community. Unfortunately we had to make a choice... These designs are not on the podium but still get the Contest Winner badge on their profile as an honorable mention and encouragement. Here is the list (it is not a ranking):
- Little helper
- The Little Prince Lamp (Lampe Le Petit Prince)
- Bedside lamp
- Modern Mushroom Lamp
- LAMPARA DE DISEÑO MULTIFUNCIÓN
- PixeLamp Scaloneta GaBot
- Eclipse - 50th anniversary lamp for "The Dark Side of The Moon" album by Pink Floyd
- table lumineuse flottante
- Lampe bonhomme assis /Sitting man lamp
- Lampe et support à succulentes, lamp and holder
We organize contests very frequently, to stay informed about new topics just take a look at our dedicated page!
02.10.23. The contest is now closed!
Thank you for your entries, they are great! The jury will deliberate quickly (it will be hard to decide ;)) and you will be informed very soon of the results on our website and via our social networks. Stay tuned!
Take part in Cults' 3D printing competition for lamps and lighting fixtures!
What is the brief?
The aim is simple: to create a 3D printable model of a lamp, shade or fixture.
3D printing offers a cool and useful way to make your own lamps and lampshades. Designers have already produced some incredible lamps using this technology.
For example, you can imagine lamps with original and complex shapes, such as :
- desk lamps, pendant lamps, ceiling lights, wall lights, floor lamps, garlands, outdoor lamps, etc.
- geometric or organic lighting inspired by nature
- lampshades can also be customized with unique patterns and textures
- light, openwork structures that allow light to pass through subtly, creating interesting visual effects
You can experiment with different materials, such as plastic, wood or even translucent materials, opening up new aesthetic possibilities. You have the freedom to design unique, innovative models that will brighten up your interior decor while reflecting your own style and creativity!
These ideas can be made using various 3D modeling software like Tinkercad, Fusion 360, or Blender, and can be 3D printed with materials like PLA, ABS, or resin. Just keep in mind that some designs may require supports or special settings for successful 3D printing.
How long does the contest run?
The contest will run from July 15th, 2023 to September 30th, 2023.
What are the prizes?
In order to reward the best achievements, Cults offers you 1500 USD to spend as you wish, enough to cover some of your needs in 3D printing material for example :) See the payment terms by bank transfer in the rules.
- 1st prize : 750 USD
- 2nd prize: 500 USD
- 3rd prize: 250 USD
How to enter the contest?
- Publish one or more new (never published on Cults before) and original 3D printable models (designs of your own making) related to the contest theme.
- Mention in the description of your design the hashtag #LAMPSXCULTS
- Submit your free 3D model on Cults.
- Share your design with others to get the most visibility and increase your chances of winning.
How will the winners be selected?
Participants will be judged by the Cults team according to the following criteria:
- Originality of the 3D model: 10 points
- Usefulness and ingenuity of the creation: 10 points
- Quality and photographic staging: 5 points
- Popularity of the model (number of likes, downloads, views, etc.): 5 points
For more information, see contest rules.
How to enter the contest?
Participate by uploading your 3D model to Cults and don't forget to add the contest hashtag #LAMPSXCULTS in the 3D file description.
To see all the creations that are already participating in the contest and to compare yourself to the others, click on the button below: