Participate in the Phones & Tablets 3D printing contest organized by Cults!
What is the brief?
The brief is simple as it is to create a 3D printable model of an accessorie useful for your phone or talblet.
3D printing combined with a little creativity and ingenuity can be a great way to create awesome objects that can change our daily life and make the life easier.
So here's a non-exhaustive list of ideas for objects to model and 3D print to enter the contest:
- Phone cases: customizable cases with unique designs or shapes
- Popsockets: personalized shapes or designs for a comfortable grip on your phone
- Phone stands: personalized stands to hold your phone at a comfortable angle
- Headphone holders: personalized holders to keep your headphones organized and tangle-free
- Cable clips: personalized clips to keep your charging cables organized
- Tablet stands: personalized stands to hold your tablet at a comfortable angle
- Docking stations: personalized stations to charge and hold multiple devices at once
- Camera lens caps: personalized caps to protect your camera lenses
- Tripod mounts: personalized mounts to attach your phone or tablet to a tripod for stable photography or video recording
- Game controllers: personalized controllers to enhance your gaming experience on your phone or tablet.
- And more...
These ideas can be made using various 3D modeling software like Tinkercad, Fusion 360, or Blender, and can be 3D printed with materials like PLA, ABS, or resin. Just keep in mind that some designs may require supports or special settings for successful 3D printing.
How long does the contest run?
The contest will run from May 1st, 2023 to July 15th, 2023.
What are the prizes?
In order to reward the best achievements, Cults offers you 1500 USD to spend as you wish, enough to cover some of your needs in 3D printing material for example :) See the payment terms by bank transfer in the rules.
- 1st prize : 750 USD
- 2nd prize: 500 USD
- 3rd prize: 250 USD
How to enter the contest?
- Publish one or more new (never published on Cults before) and original 3D printable models (designs of your own making) related to the contest theme.
- Mention in the description of your design the hashtag #PHONESXCULTS
- Submit your free 3D model on Cults.
- Share your design with others to get the most visibility and increase your chances of winning.
How will the winners be selected?
Participants will be judged by the Cults team according to the following criteria:
- Originality of the 3D model: 10 points
- Usefulness and ingenuity of the creation: 10 points
- Quality and photographic staging: 5 points
- Popularity of the model (number of likes, downloads, views, etc.): 5 points
For more information, see contest rules.
How to enter the contest?
Participate by uploading your 3D model to Cults and don't forget to add the contest hashtag #PHONESXCULTS in the 3D file description.
To see all the creations that are already participating in the contest and to compare yourself to the others, click on the button below: