Wright Flyer 1903, Power Plant
- 1 like
A very beautiful model that I also recommend.
Take care ; it is a difficult project.
It was a complicated project for two reasons:
- The first challenge, as @ hornbrendon11 points out, was to find all the spare parts (chain, spring, screws, wood, aluminium tube, etc.).
- The second challenge was the assembly of many small parts
I made some customizations compared to the original model:
- Mounting the Inline Horizontal, Water Cooled, 4 Cylinder, 1903 (https://www.myminifactory.com/fr/object/3d-print-inline-horizontal-water-cooled-4-cylinder-1903-146990)
- Printing the radiotor in only one part
- Printing the half propeller in only one part
- Mounting the RPM counter with ball bearing
- Mounting the propeller shafts on needle bearings
- New rotation tool (manual and electric)
- Dummy rudder with all the wiring necessary for its operation
I finally used several colors of filament to highlight the kinematics of this extraordinary plane. The Wright brothers were true geniuses.
A video of final result : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBx9xQiRvi4