Remake of Face Shield V5 - Covid 19
- 2.9k views
- 1 like
- 177 downloads
3D model description
This is a remake of Benoit Le Chausseurs Face Shield V5 https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/home/face-shield-v5-covid-19
Edit 03-31-2020: made the centre part (the infill of the cap if you will) 1mm to find the middle ground between print speed and safety
- changed the location of the skewers so that the holes can be punched with a regular perforator
- changed the location of the skewers so that the plasic sheet moves inward to the face for a better coverage
- changed the holes for the elastic ribbon so that the 1 cm wide ribbon lays flat on the head
- added Charles O'Donnells elastic straps so that the user can change the size of the screen and so you don't have to make knots (not very clean) https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2982589/files
What to use:
Laminating an empty laminate pouch worked best for me because that is a tiny bit more flexible than for example a clear presenation sheet. But you can use both. A4 is attached landscape but for extra coverage of the neck, you can use A3 upright.
How to use:
Fold an a4 paper landscapewise in half. Draw a line 6.25cm from the centre fold and do the same thing on the other side. These lines are the guide lines for your perforator (some call this a hole puncher). Attach the outer holes first and then gently pull the centre of the sheet down. If the presentation sheet is very thick the inner two skewers can make a little mark on the plastic but it still works just fine. It is made for a 1cm wide elastic ribbon but I guess you could use other elastics as well.
I added insulation tape for comfort but that could make it less cleanable.
for y'all SketchUp lovers (me not included I hate SketchUp) the .skp is included so you can change at will
The bird in the picture is not included.
3D printing settings
Adhesion: whatever you prefer
Infill: 20% works fine for me
3D printer file information
3D design format: SKP and STL Folder details Close
- Last update: 2020/03/31 at 20:56
- Publication date: 2020/03/30 at 13:05
Collection associated with this 3D model
Best sellers of the category Various
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!