- 816 views
- 0 likes
- 10 downloads
3D model description
Stamp your things with a recycling code!
Inspired by a comment on this article suggesting we have a subroutine that printed a recycling mark on every part we make: http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2011/04/polite-houseguests-print-and-repair.html
3D printing settings
1. Set font to Bitstream Vera Sans, font size 144
2. Add text, press CTRL-U to enter unicode code number for the type of plastic, ABS is type 7 so it's code is 2679, press enter. See codes at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resin_identification_code
3. Select symbol, right click, object properties give it a name like recycle, click set
4. File -> Save As -> EPS, check convert texts to paths, limit export to object with id set in previous step
5. Run: pstoedit -dt -f dxf:-polyaslines recycle_7.eps recycle_7.dxf
6. Plug it into recycle_maker.scad, might need to play with the origin and scale to get it into a nice size, compile it to an stl and use something like Pleasant3D or ReplicatorG to center it
7. Now you can stamp it into your model like I did in recycleinate.scad!
PS: I had to simplify and remesh the dalek model in meshlab in order to get openscad to process it correctly. I put the recycle logo on the bottom, so download it or view it in thingiview in order to see it.
PPS: not all recylcing centers will recycle type 7 plastics, check with them to make sure they take ABS. Type 7 is a catch all code and includes PLA, but PLA isn't recyclable, it's compostable (in comercial composting facilities that is).
- 3D file format: STL
- Publication date: 2018/10/30 at 16:32
Best sellers of the category Various
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!