Prusa Y Belt tensioner for SAE Hardware and T-5 belt
- 104 views
- 0 likes
- 2 downloads
3D model description
Same design as chrille but modifies to use 6-32 nuts and bolts.
Update: Added belt attachment with teeth for the other end of the y-belt.
3D printing settings
Non-tension end(back of y-carriage):
1. Place the part with teeth cutouts facing up and line up with the holes on the y-carriage.
2. Lay the belt teeth into the teeth cutouts.
3. Install the retainer cap with the notch facing down.
4. Install the 6-32 washers and bolts and tighten, this does not have to be super tight since the teeth are doing the work, not the clamping force.
Tensioner end(front of y-cariage):
1. Insert captive 6-32 nut
2. Bolt the two parts to the plate, so the bottom part has the belt slot facing down towards the plate and the captive nut is facing towards the middle of the plate. The top piece should have the teeth facing down, grabbing the teeth of the belt.
3. Screw in the 6-32 tension bolt (I used a 1" bolt)
4. Adjust the bolt till you get the tension just right
- 3D file format: SKP and STL
- Publication date: 2021/03/03 at 22:21
Best sellers of the category Various
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!