Makita - Activ Energy (Ferrex) 18v battery adapter
- 1.6k views
- 3 likes
- 29 downloads
3D model description
This is a battery adapter that allows for using an "Activ Energy" (Ferrex) battery on Makita 18v machines.
Activ Energy (Ferrex) 18v batteries are less than 1/2 the price of a Makita battery with equivalent capacity. Ferrex use samsung cells, so the quality is also reasonable.
e.g. Ferrex 18v 2Ah: 15€ on Amazon vs. Makita 18v 2Ah: 35-40€
The Activ Energy battery is rated with 20V (max). Actually this is misleading, because thats the max. initial voltage. Usually, Li-Ion Cells per definition have a nominal voltage of 3.6V. Thus 3.6V x 5 cells = 18V, which is also true for the Activ Energy battery.
Additional parts needed:
- 4pc 3x15mm screws
- 0.8-1mm metal sheet for the two conductors
Making the conductors:
Cut the metal sheet according to the dimensions in the figure. You may use a Dremel or CNC cutter, etc. Use a vise and hammer to bend the pieces. On the Makita-side of the adapter, I bent a slight kink into the contacts to ensure a reliable electrical connection.
- LiIon-Batteries are delicate and potentially dangerous parts. Use the battery adapter at your own risk!
- Use an Activ Energy charger for charging the Activ Energy battery!
- The adapter is not accounting for any battery management happening between machine and battery!
- Akimakes cannot be held responsible for any consequences arising from using the adapter.
- The adapter was tested on the Makita vaccum cleaner only, where it worked flawlessly. Not tested on other Makita machines.
3D printer file information
3D design format: STL Folder details Close
- Publication date: 2020/10/12 at 10:37
- battery adapter
- battery adaptor
- liion holder
- lipo battery
- makita 18v
Best sellers of the category Various
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!