AR15 - Repaired, Modified, and Split
- 5k views
- 9 likes
- 310 downloads
3D model description
Ok... the original model is a beautiful work of art. There are, however, several issues with it. After no replies from the designer, I took it upon myself to repair the model and modify it for my own needs and to suit my own tastes.
* Repaired numerous non-manifold errors throughout the STLs.
* Renamed STLs to reflect more correct nomenclature.
* Removed the handle from the bottom of the rail.
* Removed the protrusion from the bottom of the magazine.
* Combined the two stock parts into one piece.
* Thinned the trigger down for a better fit.
* Increased the thickness of lower trigger guard a little bit.
* Resized the inner hole of the rail for a better fit to the barrel.
* Split the barrel and the body in to multiple pieces to allow for printing on 200mm printers.
* Included pins to allow for exact alignment of components.
You will noticed that I have included the original STL for the scope, even though that was not printed (and therefore untested) on my model. How it was meant to be mounted originally, however, I have no idea. As I said, I never got a reply from the designer and I do not see any files included in the original model that would facilitate mounting that piece. I do see where there is an [I Made One] of the original and it includes the scope, so maybe I am missing something. If someone can point out what that something is, I'll be happy to update that as well.
3D printer file information
3D design format: STL Folder details Close
- Publication date: 2019/02/22 at 15:35
I am a self-proclaimed know-it-all. I will tackle any project regardless of my experience, or lack thereof. Always ready to learn something new. With over 25+ years experience in electronic repair and 10+ years experience in small engine / ATV / motorcycle repair, there is nothing I can't fix, modify or build.
Why a pepper? In case anyone is curious as to why there is a hot pepper embossed into most of my designs... My nickname is Pepper and that little pepper logo is a hell of a lot shorter than "Copyright © 2017 by Derek J.G. Tombrello" which is how I usually sign my work :)
In addition to PayPal.me donate using bitcoin via my address: 1DdWx5E86iQsVam361q3T4qMGKXdGBRCxx --or-- dogecoin at: DEKT6CjdR3uAKQjmiGteTAg8gvKphY9tw5
Best sellers of the category Various
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!