.223 AR15/M4 mag 15 rnd Speedloader
- 3.2k views
- 4 likes
- 213 downloads
3D model description
I have completed 2,3,4 of the updates i thought would be good. If someone could please try it and let me know how it works with the bottom ribs I would be forever in your debt
I have printed several of the speedloaders on thingiverse, one of them
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2528734 by pyro scooter is the great granddaddy of the one you see here.
It morphed some under https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2805177 .223 30rd speedloader, AR15 by dave_root
and further with one by seathru https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3873861 that i printed. but I didn't like how thick it was, and I did not have a spare mag release to use.
So i modded some myself, I combined each of these
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2805177 .223 30rd speedloader, AR15
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4280455 Stanag magwell profile
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3320337 AR 15 M4 Holder Magazine Holster V2
and came up with what you see here,
- one with a profile bottom and one with a flat bottom,
- with a mag catch integrated
I thinned the top height on the sidewalls, tested the catch several times at different positions, it does drop right in and lock with my gen3 20 rnd pmags, I will be printing one for a friend that has 5,10,15,25, and 30, metal and plastic so he can see if it works with all of them.
@ .2 resolution it should print in 6-8 hrs roughly
based on a suggestion from seathru i printed this on it's end. and in so doing i trimmed the magwell down so that the tips of the retainer are touching. it doesn't really need a full depth magwell. printing in this orientation also limited the amount of support. printing it flat makes the support inside the mag nearly impossible to remove.
be sure to put a finger on the retainer since it is only pla and you might see the mag and rounds go skittering across the floor if you don't.
If i had a full magwell model, rather than using someone else's, i would align it better with the tray as it is just a little far forward of being lined up. It does load but the rounds are loaded 1-2mm forward of the back of the mag, so be sure to bang them on the back edge to align the rounds.
My skilz are pretty limited. I use tinkercard. If you'd like to have a hack at the models in that environment here you go:
suggestions for future mods if anyone wants to take them on before i get around to it.
1) line the magwell up better.
2) trim the magwell down a little so it is not hanging in the air if you print it on end.
3) the holes are annoying and the rounds sometimes end up falling through so fill them back in.
4) maybe some little indents where the rounds lay to keep them from rolling one way or the other.
5) as i look at it now, perfect to go into my range ammo box, I wish the pusher was captive and maybe a little narrower so that once i put it in it was retained, but that will take a bit of thinking to get right.
6) of course there are going to be those who want to make it a full 30 long. get on down with yourselves, I only use this at the range for quick reloads and my mags are 20s so 2 quick rips and i'm full.
- 3D file format: STL
- Publication date: 2021/01/13 at 13:08
Best sellers of the category Various
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!