Zonestar P80QR2 Fan Duct
- 135 views
- 0 likes
- 2 downloads
3D model description
Zonestar P80QR2 Fan Duct. Inspired by msavazzi`s duct - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2860576 but designed from scratch in SU18.
Please note this will not work with the bed levelling sensor.
- Internal fixings to allow larger skirt and greater clearance around heater blocks.
- Design allows for minimal support. I have used some custom support below cantilevered fixing bosses and side cable route but the part will probably print without support (untested).
- Left hand\right hand route for Fan cable.
- Product model identification to Duct Facia.
- I have included 4 x 2mm diameter holes for using original self tappers included within the existing fan assembly. I have also included 2 x hex retention slots to the lower 2 holes for use with 2 x M3 nuts & bolts if preferred. The lower 2 holes will require drilling out with a 3.5mm drill if to be used with bolts.
- The duct requires fixing to the extruder assembly with the 2 existing bolts prior to mounting the fan via the same threaded holes used by the existing fan duct.
- The fan should be then fastened by the 4 x exisiting self tappers or by 2 x M3 nuts+bolts to the new fan duct.
- I have the bottom of my heater blocks set approximately 2mm below the bottom of the extruder assembly casing. This results in a nominal clearance of 4mm from the bottom of the duct to the end of the nozzles. This appears to be sufficient to clear other objects such has the 19mm bulldog clips I use to retain my glass plate.
I have printed the prototype in PLA. There is considerable clearance from the 2 heater blocks but it may be prudent to print with PETG or ABS for greater durability.
Printed at 0.20 layer height and 20% infill. Printed with minmal custom support via Simplyfy 3D. May print OK without support but untested at this time.
Material Used (no personal affliation with any product): https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N25WBZC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Collection of all my upgrades for the Zonestar at the following link:
3D printing settings
- 3D file format: STL
- Publication date: 2021/05/28 at 01:37
Multi-Disciplinary Professional Designer with 35 years contract experience in Interior, product and Furniture Design. Since receiving a rebadged Wanhau Duplicator Plus (Balco from Aldi) 3d printer from my wonderful wife for Christmas 2018 I am now using my design skills for personal 3D product creation.
2 X Ender 3 Pros
Ender 3 v2
Prusa Mini Clone
Iframe (not yet published)
Best sellers of the category Tools
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!