VertexEvo (K8400) Z-axis Support
- 179 views
- 0 likes
- 3 downloads
3D model description
I've already posted 2 revisions of Z-Axis stabilizer for Velleman Vertex K8400 printer:
The idea of this design came to me after my Z-coupler broke. I replaced it with similar product of another (cheaper) brand and almost immediately mentioned that the print quality is much worse than before. I started looking into the reasons and found two, that could cause both - original coupler breakage and new coupler's poor performance:
1) the weight of build platform. It was already significant from the very beginning and increased even further when I added heated bed
2) during the last few months I did lots of mods to my printer that required me to turn the printer upside down. In this position coupler works as a spring and holds the entire weight of the platform hanging in the air.
To address both issues I decided to modify my Z-axis stabilizer and put the weight of the build platform on 608 bearing. I added 2 spacers and 4 clamps to hold Z-axis in place. I also changed the shape of the parts holding the bearing to make sure the clamps and spacers fit.
After installing this mod the print quality returned, or maybe even exceeded, the one I had while using original coupler from Velleman.
NOTE: The parts published here were designed for my VertexEvo printer, however they should fit the original K8400 as well.
- 4 x M3x12mm screws
- 4 x M3x20mm socket cup head screws
- 4 x M3 self locking nuts
- 2 x M5x30mm screws (for VertexEvo) or 2 x M5x40mm screws (for original K8400)
- 1 x 608 bearing (outer diameter 22mm, hole 8mm, height 7mm)
You will need to slightly lift z-rod with build platform and push upper clamps all the way down while tightening them. Make sure Z-coupler is not under pressure. Once upper clamps are fixed in position, push lower clamps all the way up and tighten them there. Don't forget to place spacers between clamps and the bearing. Wider side of each spacer should face its adjacent clamp.
3D printer file information
3D design format: STL Folder details Close
- Publication date: 2021/02/20 at 09:35
Best sellers of the category Tools
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!