This is the Thrust Reverser for Business Turbofan Engine.
There are several type of Thrust Reverser. This is the Bucket (Target, Clam Shell) Type.
This model was designed in order to compare the principle to the Cascade Vane Type for Turbofan previous model which I made.
A. Design points:
1. Open/Close mechanism of the Buckets.
(Mechanical Link-Lever Method instead of Hydraulic System)
2. Attachment relation between Business Turbofan Engine and Side Mount, etc.
3. This is the almost same size of my Business Turbofan Engine.
4. Control stick with Assist Device is connected to the Buckets.
5. Removable Cowling to watch air flow of Engine.
B. Assembly Manual (PDF format, total 31 pages)
The detail assembly manual including "Parts-List", "After printing treatment" and "Assembly procedure" are prepared based on "Standard Skill (Filing, Drilling, Tapping and painting)".
To assemble the Link-Lever Assembly and to adjust the Open-Close Tooling are required the experienced skill and perseverance.
C. Download files includes;
- files: STL Files (75 items)
- “ws” of last 2 digits means “With Support” special designed.
- PDF(Zip) File: Assembly Manual
D. Purchase Parts Information; - See Assembly Manual
- Aluminum Tubes - φ3 and φ5
Micro screws M1.4x3.5L and 6L - Direct screw-in to 1 mm dia hole (No nut)
Screws M2 x *, M4 x *
- φ2 Brass Rod
E. Total Net Print Time: Approx. 114HR
- (Estimated as case of PLA, 0.4mm Nozzle, 0.2mm Layer Height, 40% infill and No raft and support)
Note: When at actual print, each parameter may be adjusted by your experience.
Retired Aircraft Engine Engineer
"Aircraft Engine Museum by 3D Printer Models"
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!