Servo Throw Switch
- 934 views
- 3 likes
- 18 downloads
3D model description
Mad scientist without a willing assistant? Automate your throw switch.
This is designed to be used with a cheap 9g servo and an arduino, or other microcontroller, to control it.
Control it any way you'd like! You could use bluetooth, IR, voice commands, RFID, motion, temperature, humidity, etc.
This could be a great teaching / learning tool for those getting started with arduino programming.
I do not recommend using this to control a garbage disposal.
Can't wait to see how it's used!
3D printing settings
- Print servoThrowSwitch.stl and servoSwitchHandle.stl
1b. Print "nubbin_alternate" from:
- Attach servo horn to switch handle (I used one of the screws that came with the servo horns)
- Insert servo into switch plate (with servo turned fully 'up').
- Slide handle into place in 'up' position, and push servo horn onto servo gear.
- Program microcontroller. (Happy to help anyone new to this)
- Power up & you're all set.
I added the pegs at the bottom to hang an arduino & batteries, but I'll probably update someday with a more elegant solution.
- 3D file format: STL
- Publication date: 2019/06/07 at 14:29
Best sellers of the category Tool
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!