Rostock Extruder Maximus
- 626 views
- 0 likes
- 6 downloads
3D model description
I was experiencing issues with the stock EZ Struder. I reviewed and dabbled with a few designs, ideas, etc.. on the interwebs. Once the pile of Ninjaflex started laughing at me, I decided it was time to take on the challenge to design one myself. After several weeks and nearly an entire roll of plastic, I've tweaked it to the point I'm happy to share my results with the community!
UPDATE 2016-06-02 - Version 7
Since the time I published this several have reported the hob gear has increased in diameter. So, I've made the following tweaks to the v7 Extruder Maximus:
- Increased the hob gear hole diameter to accommodate the 12.4mm hob gear. Note: This will still work for the smaller gear.
- Carried the arm restraint all the way around on the top for additional support on the tensioner arm and spring.
- Increased the diameter of the top to allow the manual knob to rest against the hob gear.
- Decreased the diameter of the screw holes for tighter fit.
- Recessed the mounting screws.
- Added built-in support for the spring nub.
- Tweaked the pinch-point and removed the built-in support (really wasn't needed).
- Used all high definition cylinders in the 3D model and separated the pieces into individual STLs.
3D printer file information
3D design format: STL Folder details Close
- Publication date: 2020/04/07 at 09:42
Best sellers of the category Tools
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!