Prusa i3 mk2 mk2.5 mk3 with mk8 mk10 extruder
- 449 views
- 0 likes
- 3 downloads
3D model description
mk8 extruder added to my prusa i3 mk2. Got tired of having to tear the whole printer apart in order to work on the hotend and extruder. This you take off the 5015 fan and two screws and the whole extruder can be pulled. Note that two threaded inserts were used instead of the standard prusa nut slots. Wiring has also been redone a little. This had a bltouch mounted but if you don't want or need that the standard extruder cover is compatible with this design.
Not a lot of documentation with this but in place of it the .stp and .f3d files have been included.
Edit. Updated extruder body on April 5, 2021 to increase strength. There were some areas that were tied together without adding much material and it made sense to do this.
Edit. Wasn't happy with the print quality and so I went to this dual gear extruder here. Much better print quality by switching to this but the extruder is thicker and so things had to be adjusted. No multi-part pieces. Just print the thing as one piece at 20 percent. Seemed plenty stiff.
3D printing settings
PETG and roughly 20 percent infill. Main extruder body has been provided as one piece or three separate pieces if you want to print the "T" portion at a higher infill (recommended). Support as needed.
3D printer file information
3D design format: F3D, STEP, and STL Folder details Close
- BLTouch spacer.stl
- Electrical cover.stl
- Extruder cover.stl
- Fan Adapter part 1.stl
- Fan Adapter part 2.stl
- MK2-ExtruderBody - 1 of 3 separate pieces.stl
- MK2-ExtruderBody - 1 piece_Prusa i3 mk2 with mk8 extruder v4_Body13_MK2-ExtruderBody - 3 separate pieces (1).stl
- MK2-ExtruderBody - 2 of 3 separate pieces.stl
- MK2-ExtruderBody - 3 of 3 separate pieces.stl
- MK2-ExtruderBody - dual gear extruder.stl
- NoctuaCoverV3 v4_Extruder with wiring channel v62_Body1_NoctuaCoverV3 v4.stl
- Prusa i3 mk2 with mk8 extruder v4.f3d
- Prusa i3 mk2 with mk8 extruder v4.step
- X-axis-2 Extruder bearing cover part 2.stl
- X-axis-2 Extruder bearing cover part 3.stl
- X-axis-2_Extruder bearing cover part 1.stl
- X-axis-2_Extruder main body.stl
- Last update: 2021/04/13 at 03:05
- Publication date: 2021/04/05 at 22:41
Best sellers of the category Tools
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!