Minimalist 3D Printed Fume Extractor
- 9k views
- 46 likes
- 234 downloads
3D model description
Breathing solder fumes can cause serious health problems, a solder fume extractor is a cheap and easy way to minimize the inhalation of such fumes, for this reason and according to my needs I designed and built this minimalist mostly 3D printed fume extractor.
My goal was to make something functional, aesthetically appealing, inexpensive, compact and simple.
An important feature of this project is the removable filter cartridge that makes changing the activated carbon filter effortless and allows you to use the filters of the Hakko 491, 493, FA-400 fume extractors which are easy to find.
In order to minimize post processing I made a two part design for the enclosure and cartridge this way you won't need to print supports and post-processing is going to be minimum.
For assembly instructions go to: https://www.instructables.com/id/Minimalist-3D-Printed-Fume-Extractor/
(5pcs) 3D printed parts (I used PLA filament Amazon)
(1) High air flow case fan 80mm x 80mm x 38mm Amazon Aliexpress
(1) Rocker switch 2 ON-OFF 10x15mm eBay Aliexpress
(1) Green 3mm LED Amazon Aliexpress
(1) 680 Ohm resistor Amazon Aliexpress
(1) 12V 3A Female DC jack connector 5.5 x 2.5 mm Amazon Aliexpress
(1) 12v DC power adapter Amazon (Make sure your DC Power adapter provides the amps your fan needs.)
(1) Activated carbon filter 130mm x 130mm x 10mm Amazon Aliexpress
(2) M3 x 10mm Button Head Socket Screws Amazon Aliexpress
(2) M3 x 3mm and OD=4.2mm inserts Amazon Aliexpress
(20cm) 22 AWG wire red and black preferably. Amazon
Shrink tubing Amazon Aliexpress or Liquid Electrical Tape Amazon
(4) Rubber feet Amazon Aliexpress
Printer Brand: MPSMv2
Filament Material: PLA
No supports needed.
If you don't have the fasteners you can use super glue for a permanent joint.
I hope you found this project helpful please post your makes and comments!
3D printer file information
3D design format: STL Folder details Close
- Last update: 2019-06-27 at 15:24
2019-06-17 at 15:27
?Published to Thingiverse on: 2019-03-08 at 22:25
Best sellers of the category Tools
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!