Jet Engine, Single-Spool with AfterBurner
- 3.7k views
- 11 likes
- 9 downloads
3D model description
This type of engine has been developed more than 50 years ago. But they are still used for many military fighters.
3D model for explaining the different feature comparing to the turbofan engine models were designed and made.
The features are;
1. Single spool with more than 10 stages long compressor rotor.
2. Half split casings.
3. Can-Annular combustion chamber.
4. AfterBurner with variable nozzle.
The points of the design are;
1. For the rotation of the spool, the dummy bearing method only is prepared.
2. All stator vanes are omitted this time, because of avoiding rub of vanes and blades. But the variable vane linkage imaged parts is fitted for reference.
3. AfterBurner nozzle is too much complicated to design, then I only show the "Open" and "Close" position image only.
4. In addition, some parts that printing is considered difficult without support, are prepared STL file with support. The last of two digits of the file name is identified as "ws".
In order to ease understanding about the contents of each part and the assembly order, parts breakdown and list are prepared.
Download files includes;
-files: STL Files (39 items)
-images: Parts Breakdown for assembly Aid
-Excel(Zip) File: Parts List
Purchase Parts Information;
See Parts List
Micro screws M1.4x3.5L - Appox. 30 ea - Direct screw-in to 1 mm dia hole (No nut)
Screws M2 x ** - See Parts List
- Standard Skill (such as Drilling, Tapping, Filing, Tightening, Painting and Gluing etc) is needed and perseverance too.
- For tightening method of "Rotor Stop Screws", please refer attached a photo titled "Rotor Screws Tightening".
Total Net Print Time: Approx. 50HR
- (Estimated as case of PLA, 0.4mm Nozzle, 0.2mm Layer Height, 40% infill and No raft and support)
Note: When at actual print, each parameter may be adjusted by your experience.
For "Non-Shrouded Turbine Blades Rotor", STL file (3), Photo and image are added.
"Assembly- Charts01.zip(pdf)" uploaded.
3D printing settings
3D printer file information
3D design format: STL and ZIP Folder details Close
- Last update: 2021/02/28 at 01:35
- Publication date: 2017/11/01 at 10:03
Best sellers of the category Tools
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!