Ender & CR-10 X Axis Cover and Nema 17 Stepper Damper Spacer
- 4.7k views
- 9 likes
- 251 downloads
3D model description
I wanted to reduce the noise coming from my steppers during prints at night but wanted to try to print in TPE instead of buying the dampers. The hardware required for the x-axis spacer is hard to find and needs to be 3mm longer than stock to work with the stock x-axis cover and end-stop mount.
This x-axis cover pushes the hardware deeper into the unit giving you space for the included flexible spacer that acts as a vibration damper between the metal mount and your stepper motor.
• Remove the 4 bolts holding on your existing x-axis cover to your stepper motor.
• Remove the 2 screws holding in the end-stop into the cover.
• Use the 2 screws to mount the end-stop into your new cover. (Be sure to go slow as you will be threading the screws into plastic and creating threads)
• Undo the 2 grub screws on the cog of the stepper motor and slide the cog on its shaft 3mm away from the stepper. Tighten the 2 grub screws.
• Place the flexible spacer between the stepper motor and the metal mounting bracket.
• Use the 4 stock mounting bolts to mount the new x-axis cover to the stepper motor.
Enjoy and post your makes!
If you found my Things useful, treat me to a cup of coffee by using the PayPal button below :)
Buy me a cup of coffee
Buy me a cup of coffee $3.00 USD
Buy me a massive cups of coffee $5.00 USD
Give me a caffeine coma $10.00 USD
Posted v3 of the X-Axis Cover with an added opening for the end-stop wiring.
- 3D file format: STL
- Publication date: 2019/08/02 at 10:55
Best sellers of the category Tool
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!