Ender 3 BMG E3D V6 - Mosquito Direct Drive Extruder BLTouch Lightweight Mount
- 811 views
- 1 like
- 14 downloads
3D model description
Ender 3 BMG E3D V6 Direct Drive Extruder Lightweight Mount
- 2021-07-24 - The endstop filament runout sensor combo is redesigned with a better reverse bowden and wire path. (Ender 3 Limit Switch Bracket DD Sensor v9)
- 2021-03-27 (v13) - Split fan shroud mounting arm from main body to facilitate fan shroud replacement and nozzle changes. Requires a M3 10mm-15mm screw.
- 2020-12-31 - Redesigned fan shroud and zip tie mounts. I removed the gantry clip because it provided no benefit to stability or wiring. Fan shroud mount should now only require supports on the extreme end with the screw hole. I have included a screen shot of how I have support blockers configured in my slicer.
- NB. The previous versions had a mistake in the fan shroud position.
- 2020-12-29 - Added support for Slice Engineering Mosquito hotend. The back plate was thickened, the fan shroud was lowered 0.5mm. The hotend wiring and filament runout sensor was relocated to the front of the gantry.
- 2020-10-23 - Added .step file
- (4) M3 x 6 mm Screw
- (1) M3 x 8 mm Screw
- (1) M3 x 10 mm Screw
- (1) M3 x 20 mm Screw
- (1) M3 Washer
- (1) PTFE Tube
- (n) Zip Ties
- Genuine E3D V6 Full - Direct - 24V - Hotend
- BMG (or clone) Left Handed Dual Drive Extruder
- Short Body Nema 17 Bipolar Stepper Motor
- Blower Fan 24V 5015
- 2.0mm Straight Single Row Breakaway Male Pin Header
- 2.0mm JST-PH JST Connector Kit
- Depending on your setup, you may lose 10mm of Y build volume.
- Z Probe Position: X = -37.0, Y = 18.5
- Receiving screw holes are sized to be tapped using an appropriate M3 bit, but will hold a M3 screw if filed or drilled out to the right size.
- The fan shroud is a modified part from the Prusa i3 MK3S, and can be substituted with the original Prusa part (with appropriate Square M3 Nut).
- When using the Mosquito Groovemount adapter, the upper and lower parts are split to allow for printing without supports.
Print part with the large flat side down, and with support for the various external screw holes.
Guide coming soon... (hopefully...)
- Thermistor to V6 cartridge style (#5)
- E-Steps to 415
- Home Y to -10
This is a good opportunity to ensure that the printer is square and adjusted properly.
- V slot rollers should be held tight, but loose enough to roll in place when moved by hand.
- Z screw and nut should be adjusted properly to where the nut is secure but allows some horizontal movement.
- Retraction: 0.8mm
- Lift Z: 0.6mm
- Retraction speed: 35mm/s
- Minimum travel after retraction: 1mm
- Maximum acceleration E: 1500mm/s^2
3D printing settings
3D printer file information
3D design format: STEP and STL Folder details Close
- Last update: 2021/09/15 at 01:12
- Publication date: 2021/05/31 at 01:08
- bondtech bmg
- direct drive
- direct drive extruder
- e3d v6
- ender 3
- filament runout
- runout sensor
- slice engineering
Best sellers of the category Tools
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!