DXU - Dual Extrusion Upgrade for UM2+
- 2.5k views
- 3 likes
- 72 downloads
3D model description
- This project upgrades Ultimaker 2+ to a reliable dual extrusion printer.
- The approach is based on the great effort everyone put into Mark2 for Ultimaker 2 and Ultimaker 3.
- The print head holds two hot ends, which are originally to be installed on standard UM2 head for 1.75 filament. The right nozzle move up and down nozzle swapping.
- This compact dual print head can achieve single extrusion print area of 220x223x205, and dual extrusion print area of 184x223x200.
FILES AND INSTRUCTIONS:
- Lever lifting mechanism is inspired by Ultimaker 3.
- The firmware is modified based on Mark2 version of Tinkergnome firmware by tinkergnome.
- CURA profiles are modified based on the Mark2 profiles by tinkergnome and foehnsturm. - Used Mark2Tweaks plugin for CURA by Krys Lawrence.
3D printer file information
3D design format: STL Folder details Close
- Publication date: 2018/09/24 at 11:25
Best sellers of the category Tools
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!