Airtripper bowden for E3D V6 Kit with Bowden AddOn
3D model description
The main concept behind the modification is the optimal PTFE tubing configuration.
It follows E3D's recommendation : http://wiki.e3d-online.com/wiki/File:V6_Assembly_-_Half_a_Wades_Block.jpg
PTFE tube goes inside the extruder, reaching very close to MK8 gear.
Filament is exposed as little as possible for optimal flow.
Tube stays stable and locked at both sides.
At outgoing side by the E3D plastic pneufit provided by "E3D full kit with bowden add-on" and by a M4 nut at ingoing side.
Be aware, M4 nut will press the PTFE tube making its I.D. narrower.
Dont forget to drill with 2mm bit inside the tube, for the whole narrow part of the tube, to restore its I.D. at 2mm as it should be.
Otherwise there will be an increasing friction bottleneck for filament flow.
Extruder's base made longer to provide easy access at mounting holes.
The idea for this mod came from here : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:661936
For my printer's extruder, I used and recommend this modified idler for more tension against mk8 gear and thus even better flow of filament: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:487891
Extruder results are satisfactory.
Tested with PLA and ABS, it can drive filament without any missing step even in higher speeds although my NEMA motor is not strong enough (holding torque 2550 g-cm).
In action, printing an object at 70mm/s speed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvsaoYTabMs&feature=youtu.be
My extruder's complete parts list, in case it helps anyone:
- E3D V6 Full Kit with bowden add-on : http://e3d-online.com/E3D-v6/Full-Kit/v6-1.75mm-Universal-Bowden
- Prusa i3 Rework X_Carriage from here : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:119616
- Hotend mount with fans for level cooling: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:547706. For auto bed leveling there is a nice remix: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:757336
- E3D V6 40mm Fan mount : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:506958
- Two 50x50mm 12v fans for level cooling and One 40x40mm for E3D V6 Heatsink cooling
- Coldend Bowden Extruder (this very thing): http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:731585
- Axle and Strut for cold-end from original Airtripper BSP Design : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:126778
- Modified idler for extra tension : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:487891
- MK8 Drive gear, 608ZZ bearing, M4 Nut, M3 Bolts and nuts, 2 springs
Hotend Fan Recommendation:
I replaced original 30mm E3D fan with a 40x40x20 mm fan running at 7v instead of 12v.
This way noise and hotend vibration of E3D fan is gone, producing better quality prints and less noise headaches.
To get 7v from ATX PSU you can connect fan's negative to 5v and fan's Positive to 12v.
Thanks to Airtripper for publishing this very nice piece of openSCAD source.
Happy printing !
- Original design : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:126778
Please check Airtripper fantastic documentation for details.
***** Update 12-May-2015 *****
Inbound and outbound PTFE holes are lowered by 0.5mm to eliminate tube declination.
3D printing settings
3D printer file information
3D design format: Folder details Close
2022-11-23 at 00:38
?Published to Thingiverse on: 2015-03-20 at 00:42
Best 3D printer files of the Tools category
Best sellers of the category Tools
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
AFFILIATION: Make your purchases online by clicking on our affiliate links here Amazon.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!