Dolphins Thumb Ring
- 863 views
- 2 likes
- 0 downloads
3D model description
Dolphins Thumb Ring designed in Maya and ZBrush for metal casting and metal 3D printing.
Most rings are modeled with a US size = 8 (Diameter = 18.14mm approx.), so when scaled up there will not be any problem with wall thickness especially for most metal 3D printing.
To scale up a ring to fit your finger size, I recommend using Meshmixer, a free software from Autodesk.
- Import the ring, and from the left menu choose Analysis/Measure.
- You should measure the inner diameter of the ring by choosing from the sub-menu Type: from edge to edge, Direction: outward (n), Snapping mode: Snap to Vertices.
- Click on the inner diameter of the ring and you'll get a red line and a reading on the right side.
- To scale up, go to the Edit menu/Transform, and increase any of the size values, making sure that Uniform Scaling is checked. Repeat the measuring process above until you get your correct finger size.
- Once done, make sure to export the model as STL Binary Format, recommended.
All published models are sold for personal use. Please contact me if you would like to purchase any model for commercial use.
If you would like a custom ring, jewellery item or any model, please contact me.
If you would like to get a ring with a similar polish/finish as in the rendered ring image (with dark cavity), print the ring with vintage/antique silver. As far as I know, it is only available right now from i.materialise. There are other methods also to do it at home if printed in silver. Search YouTube for "how to oxidize silver at home."
- 3D file format: STL
- Last update: 2019/10/03 at 17:20
- Publication date: 2018/02/07 at 13:22
Best sellers of the category Jewelry
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!