Toy locomotive with working brakes
- 5.3k views
- 42 likes
- 235 downloads
3D model description
A small toy diesel locomotive with opening doors and roof, and real working brakes. This locomotive fits popular brick figures (e.g. LEGO).
All elements are very easy to print even for begginers (do not require the use of supports). All parts are ready to print on the smallest 3D printers (min. required printing area 80*80*75 mm).
See video for full assembly instructions:
All our toys are designed to be fun, they have many interesting functions: opening doors, hatches, holds. You can print and build toys together with your children - there are many parts and screws that give a lot of fun. To check more of our projects see:
3D printing settings
Needed parts or materials (suggested, you can use other matches parts)
* 32 pieces M2.2x6.5 screw (DIN7981),
* several short pieces of filament 1.75 mm for hinges,
* cyanoacrylate glue (not essential but may be needed to glue the wheels to the axles).
- the locomotive is prepared for assembly of a set of lights (4*white LED 5 mm), you can also use white LEDs as an imitation of reflectors (even if you do not intend to connect them to the battery),
- the cockpit is prepared for the installation of two PCB 7*7 mm switch ON/OFF.
- We recommend using PLA filament, nozzle 0.4 mm and layer height 0.2 mm, but you can test other settings.
- All files are in print-ready positions, you don't have to rotate it on your slicer.
- The elements are easy to print and do not require the use of supports, brims or rafts (the only exception is axle.stl, which prints vertically, and for this we recommend a small brim).
- Print all elements with 100% filling (the locomotive runs better if it is a little heavier, the differences in time and filament consumption when printing with a small filling are not significant).
- You will find all cabin windows in the cab-windows-all.stl file, but you can print each one separately from cab-window-***.stl files.
- If you don't want to use LEDs, you can use lamp-instead-of-LEDs.stl file instead.
- The sizes of the wheels and axles should match, but if they are too loose, try to stick them with glue. You can also slightly chamfer the ends of the axle with a regular sharpener.
- If the axle is too thick, you can gently sand the hole in the wheel or you can very gently change the scale of the axle.stl file when cutting in a slicer (change the scale of the element only for horizontal, the vertical scale should remain at 1:1).
- Make sure the opposite wheels are turned 90 degrees (there is a small marker on the axles to help you with this). This is very important because if the angle on any of the axles is different, the wheels will jam.
- Try not to tighten the coupling rods coupling-rod.stl. They should be free and easy to spin. If the coupling rods are too tight, you can slightly enlarge the holes in them.
- Before assembling the cabin, check that the brake lever turns freely.
- Use pieces of filament 1.75 mm to attach doors and roof.
See video for full assembly instructions:
If you would like to support me... just buy something in my shop https://www.printed-toys.com (You pay what you want!)
3D printer file information
3D design format: ZIP Folder details Close
- Last update: 2021/08/10 at 15:31
- Publication date: 2021/07/30 at 21:58
My name is Adam Bugiel, I am the main designer of all toys from Printed-Toys.com. I'm not only designer - my company teaches kids how to do 3D printing and object modelling. I'm a programmist, graphic, 3D modeller, and IT teacher with more than 15 years experience. I also have two sons who are great testers for all designed toys :)
Best sellers of the category Home
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!