Simple Christmas Pyramid
- 1.5k views
- 9 likes
- 71 downloads
3D model description
- another christmas / winter themed design
- modeled in fusion360
- inspired by traditional german christmas pyramids (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_pyramid)
- simple, minimalistic approach
- powered by rising/moving air from a heater / radiator / etc
- do not use open flames!
- uses a small magnet and some steel balls as a rotational bearing
- there are model versions for 13mm steel balls, and 1/2" steel balls ("_inch")
- the arc base structure consists of 3 parts glued together
- ther are model versions for D10xH3mm and for D8xH3mm zylindrical magnets
- you need to print "base" 3 times and one "bladering"
- model units are [mm]
- after a few weeks, the steel balls creating the rotational joint seem to have flat spots which increase friction and stop the rotation of the bladewheel
- I added a very small steel ball (one from a 608 skate bearing) in between to decrease magnetic forces and minimize contact area
- It works better than before and spinns and spinns and spinns
- might not work for everybody, depends on how strong your magnets are
3D printing settings
- 0.2 for the base, 0.15 for the bladering
- brim recommended for bladering part, due to thin blade structure
- I had some issues with blade warping during my prints
- no supports/raft required
- printed in DasFilament PETG
- 3D file format: STL
- Last update: 2017/12/03 at 21:11
- Publication date: 2017/11/16 at 14:36
Best sellers of the category Home
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!