Parabol Focus Table
- 8.8k views
- 34 likes
- 204 downloads
- <span class="text--light">0</span> comments
- <span class="text--light">0</span> makes
3D model description
Hello, and thanks for viewing my Parabol Focus Table.
Assembly video available here:
I created this table because I wanted to challenge myself, and design an object outside the traditional limits of what both my printer and myself were capable of.
As I watched Mr. Robot, I became inspired by the beautiful architecture and imagery presented. This table was mainly created for two reasons:
Try and understand the pattern that was used in the top-level meeting room ceiling of the E-Corp building.
Try and create something that I was proud of, which I felt could fit in at one of the cool offices from the show.
The main shape is a combination of revolved parabolic profiles. The pattern on the upper face was made in my effort to understand the ceiling pattern mentioned above.
I learned some good lessons working through this project, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
This is a big project, as my total print time came in around 184 hours.
The following are the print settings in which I used:
- .2mm layer thickness
- 30% infill
- .4mm nozzle
- No support material
- Brims for pretty much everything
- Also note, everything here was printed on my Prusa i3 MK3S, which means my build volume is 250 x 210 (Bed) x 210 (Height). This print will not respond that well to scaling down.
To complete this assembly, you will need the following printed parts:
4 X Top_1 – Print time =~ 13.5 hours
4 X Top_2 – Print time =~ 13.5 hours
4 X Leg_1 – Print time =~ 7 hours
4 X Leg_2 – Print time =~ 7 hours
4 X Snap_1 – Print time =~ .5 hours
4 X Snap_2 – Print time =~ .5 hours
4 X Snap_3 – Print time =~ .5 hours
4 X Snap_4 – Print time =~ .5 hours
4 X Snap_5 – Print time =~ .5 hours
4 X Snap_6 – Print time =~ .5 hours
4 X Snap_7 – Print time =~ .5 hours
1 X Central_Hub – Print time =~5.5 hours
(Total of 45 individual components)
While this table does assemble fully using just the as printed snaps, I recommend using glue once initial fitment has been confirmed.
If this project gains any traction, I will update with proper detailed assembly instructions. You will probably be printing for a day or two before you need them.
3D printer file information
- Design number: 137334
3D design format: STL Folder details Close
- Central_Hub_Parabol Focus Table_kaeveedesign.STL
- Leg_1_Parabol Focus Table_kaeveedesign.STL
- Leg_2_Parabol Focus Table_kaeveedesign.STL
- Snap_1_Parabol Focus Table_kaeveedesign.STL
- Snap_2_Parabol Focus Table_kaeveedesign.STL
- Snap_3_Parabol Focus Table_kaeveedesign.STL
- Snap_4_Parabol Focus Table_kaeveedesign.STL
- Snap_5_Parabol Focus Table_kaeveedesign.STL
- Snap_6_Parabol Focus Table_kaeveedesign.STL
- Snap_7_Parabol Focus Table_kaeveedesign.STL
- Top_1_Parabol Focus Table_kaeveedesign.STL
- Top_2_Parabol Focus Table_kaeveedesign.STL
- Last update: 2020-04-27 at 10:46
- Publication date: 2020-04-20 at 20:00
CC BY-NC-ND - Attribution - Non commercial - No derivatives
Collection associated with this 3D model
Best 3D printer files of the Home category
Best sellers of the category Home
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your banner blocker (AdBlock, …) and click on our banner ads.
AFFILIATION: Make your purchases online by clicking on our affiliate links here Amazon.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via Ko-Fi 💜.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!
Add a comment