Open Macbook Stand (2013, 2015, 2018 profiles)
- 1.2k views
- 0 likes
- 22 downloads
3D model description
After trying a couple laptop stands for my Macbooks (one personal, one work), I decided to build a model from scratch to serve my purposes.
Profile A (thicker profile) has been tested on:
- Macbook Pro 2013
- Macbook Pro 2015
Profile B (thinner profile) has been tested on:
- Macbook Pro 2018
- Specialized stand profile for glovelike fit on the Macbook 2013, 2015 2018 (other models may work, but have not been tested)
- Gentle 22.5º angle for easy hand access to keyboard and lower overall height
- Balanced center-of-gravity to avoid tipping
- Stand inner arm angled to avoid collision with the screen surface when closed
- When the screen edge touches the stand top, the screen will turn off as if it were shut completely
- Stand design allows multiple Macbooks to be nested while ensuring enough space for cooling
- Rounded edges to avoid accidental scratching or scraping
- Optional crossbar to lock the stands into place
The prints in my photos are not as good as they could be (my printer was miscalibrated at the time). Nonetheless, they were functionally effective, so I did not reprint)
3D printing settings
3D printer file information
3D design format: STL Folder details Close
- Publication date: 2021/01/12 at 17:21
- laptop accessories
- laptop stand
- macbook pro
- macbook stand
- retina macbook pro
I'm also on thingiverse at https://www.thingiverse.com/classynemesis
Best sellers of the category Home
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!