OCTABLE (coffee table or bedside table)
- 1.5k views
- 12 likes
- 37 downloads
3D model description
Take an octahedron, a table...Shake well and you get an octable.
The octable is a coffee table (or bedside table of your choice) whose frame is a regular octahedral skeleton.....
To build this framework you will need:
1) Buy 4 beech trunnions 1 m long and 8 mm in diameter (on sale in all "Bricomachin" stores near you!) to obtain 12 rods 33 cm long (plan a Japanese saw or a egoine, it's up to you).
2) Buy a bag of clips (PVC) 15 mm in diameter (on sale in the plumbing department of any Bricobidule that is respected...)
3) Print the six corners ("vertices" of the octahedron).
4) Print the sleeves (3 or 6 per tray) sliding on the rods.
5) You can then push the 12 rods into the six corners to build the table frame (Don't forget to first thread the sleeves onto the rods to support the tray(s)).
6) Make the upper tray to your liking (plywood / plexiglass etc... circular or hexagonal for example) and possibly a lower tray. The clips will be screwed (or glued) to the tray(s).
7) Clip the tray onto the sleeves: your octable is finished!
3D printing settings
For PLA printing in standard quality and 17% filling
Each corner requires 2h 30 of printing and each sleeve 0h 30 is about 16h 30 in total.
Each corner weighs 22gr for a cost of 0.75€, and each sleeve weighs 3gr for a cost of 0.10€. A beech trunnion costs 1.25€.
In total 0.75x6 + 3x0.10=4.80€ of PLA, plus 5€ of trunnions and a few more €uros for the clips and tray and you own a magnificent table with a unique design and an exceptional price, ladies and gentlemen only 15€!
3D printer file information
3D design format: STL Folder details Close
- Coin octable_04(fn-50).stl
- Last update: 2017/09/29 at 16:32
- Publication date: 2017/09/26 at 16:44
Best sellers of the category Home
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!