- 806 views
- 2 likes
- 2 downloads
- <span class="text--light">0</span> comments
- <span class="text--light">0</span> makes
3D model description
Get ready for Halloween with these fun and festive Flat Jacks!
Easy and fast to print, these thin jack-o'-lanterns have so much personality!
Everything shown can be done with single extrusion printing.
Nine different faces plus a blank included, each with three variations for the stem. They can lay on a table, be taped to a wall, propped up with small stands, or backlit as lithophanes. They work as stencils too or they could be magnets. Print and decorate with a 3D pen. Great for kids!
Bonus: Stand models included for small prints and large prints.
See settings below for details.
Models are 1 mm think and some designs have details only 0.5 mm thick which works very well for multi-color prints with filament swaps. Print a face with a blank model in the background to fill in the spaces and create a two-color or three-color design. Models scale up well as shown in photos.
Nine different faces are included. Seven of them were originally designed for our 3D printed jack-o'-lanterns with my family. (See my Halloween Collection for details.) Two new designs this year for Flat Jacks: Zombie Face (with my daughter) and Devil Face (with my son). Both are based on their sketches and conversations about their ideas.
9 Faces: Baby, Balloon, Devil, Funny, Monster, Scary, Smile, Standard, Zombie.
3D printing settings
Models are approximately 114 x 122 x 1 mm. I printed with 0.25 mm layer height and mostly solid layers. On most prints I used 0 top layers and experimented with various infill patterns and percentages for different effects.
The large Flat Jacks are scaled 170% in the x and y directions. When I added a "Blank" back, I made that 0.5 mm for a total of 1.5 mm thickness. I printed the single-color large ones with 1.25 mm height to have three solid layers and then two top layers of infill for texture.
The models that have additional details have a change at 0.5 mm height. The "Thin Stem" models have the stem stop at 0.5 mm to help create a different texture than the top layers when printing. "Thick Stem" models have the stem flush with the main face at 1 mm. The "No Stem" models are useful if printing with a "Blank" as a back to have the stem and other holes have different colors.
Look through the photos for a variety of ideas and examples!
I designed a stand that works well for the Flat Jacks printed at 100% scale. They print quickly and fit well behind the solid parts of the faces. I printed these with 0.2 mm layer height, 2 perimeters, 4 solid top and bottom layers. No raft. No supports.
For the 170% scale prints, the taller stand from my Star Wars WordCloud is a near perfect fit! That model is included here. I also printed this model at 58.82% for the smaller (100%) Flat Jacks and it works very well, but the height of it shows through Flat Jacks with holes, so I made the other one that I think works better. (There is a photo of this print, however.) Note that the WordCloud stand is designed to print on its side with a little bit of support between the holding pegs. A raft may help too. I printed with 0.3 mm layer height, 2 perimeters, and 3 top and bottom layers.
Not for commercial use. No derivatives. See © link below.
3D printer file information
- Design number: 883574
3D design format: STL Folder details Close
- JOL Baby Face No Stem.stl
- JOL Baby Face Thick Stem.stl
- JOL Baby Face Thin Stem.stl
- JOL Balloon Face No Stem.stl
- JOL Balloon Face Thick Stem.stl
- JOL Balloon Face Thin Stem.stl
- JOL Devil Face No Stem.stl
- JOL Devil Face Thick Stem.stl
- JOL Devil Face Thin Stem.stl
- JOL Funny Face No Stem.stl
- JOL Funny Face Thick Stem.stl
- JOL Funny Face Thin Stem.stl
- JOL Monster Face No Stem.stl
- JOL Monster Face Thick Stem.stl
- JOL Monster Face Thin Stem.stl
- JOL Scary Face No Stem.stl
- JOL Scary Face Thick Stem.stl
- JOL Scary Face Thin Stem.stl
- JOL Smile Face No Stem.stl
- JOL Smile Face Thick Stem.stl
- JOL Smile Face Thin Stem.stl
- JOL Standard Face No Stem.stl
- JOL Standard Face Thick Stem.stl
- JOL Standard Face Thin Stem.stl
- JOL Zombie Face No Stem.stl
- JOL Zombie Face Thick Stem.stl
- JOL Zombie Face Thin Stem.stl
- JOL _No Face No Stem.stl
- JOL _No Face Thick Stem.stl
- JOL _No Face Thin Stem.stl
- Stand for Flat Jacks at 100 pct.stl
- Stand for SW Falcon WordCloud Taller.stl
- Publication date: 2022-10-13 at 05:07
- jack o lantern
- trick or treat
Collection associated with this 3D model
Best 3D printer files of the Home category
Best sellers of the category Home
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your banner blocker (AdBlock, …) and click on our banner ads.
AFFILIATION: Make your purchases online by clicking on our affiliate links here Amazon.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via Ko-Fi 💜.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!
Add a comment