Customizable Retro Lightbox
3D model description
This is a customizable 3D model, where you can print your own retro lightbox. These boxes normally costs >20 bucks, a printed one costs me about 5 dollar.
I've also added the two lightboxes as .stl files each with two different fonts that I'm using in the first picture.
The lid as well as the letter plates are chamfered. So you are able to slide the letter plates into the rails of the lid. After that you can slide the lid into the rails of the box. This ensures that these parts don't fall out.
Use OpenSCAD to create your own customized retro Lightbox.
You can set:
- length, height and width of the box
- number of lines
- 2 different fonts: Siren Stencil (the little box in the picture) and Stardos Stencil (the big box)
- round edges of the lightbox
- size of the hole on the back, to insert your led light
- different thicknesses of the lid, letter plates and box
I've ordered following lights from Banggood:
For a small lightbox:
- 10 LED with 2 AA-cell case (thats in my little lightbox): https://goo.gl/Hhj7Jh
For a medium lightbox:
- 1m LED strip with a switch and USB connector (thats in my big lightbox). I use it with a USB power bank: goo.gl/FazfhM and the power bank: goo.gl/jeEBAv
- 20 LED "snowman". It has a 3 AA-cell case: goo.gl/8AEiPD
For a big lightbox:
- 2m LED strip USB powered: goo.gl/MWZb9k
How to support me?
Do you like my things and do you want to support me? You can use these links if you want to buy something. This helps me doing more things. Thanks!
3D printing settings
Use some hot glue to place the led bulbs to the bottom and also fix the cable that way, otherwise the light isn't that homogeneously as you wish.
If you are using a LED strip, you can glue it along the wall of the box, instead on the bottom.
3D printer file information
3D design format: STL and ZIP Folder details Close
- Last update: 2017-09-03 at 12:19
- Publication date: 2017-08-24 at 21:21
I like to create things to save money and time. Wherever possible, I try to use aspects of ecological design. As a full-time software developer and pragmatic solution designer my focus is on the creation of customizable things.
Best 3D printer files of the Home category
Best sellers of the category Home
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
AFFILIATION: Make your purchases online by clicking on our affiliate links here Amazon.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!