Accurate Coffee Tamper
- 4k views
- 12 likes
- 13 downloads
3D model description
It allows the person to achieve adequate tamping pressure while using little force.
The mechanism takes over and jabs at the coffee bed with precise, repeatable and uniform pressure.
Consistency is the most important part of tamping – like with any aspect of coffee making, 30 lbs might be the best amount of tamping force for some coffees but not for all of them.
Although the suitcase scale is not required for the Tamper use, it is recommended, because is easy to embed it in this project and measure the applied force while tamping.
The bottom surface of disc Tamper is the only 3d printed part that comes in direct contact with ground coffee. If you have any concerns about this, cover the base of the tamper with a disc made of aluminum wall can for example.
- Suitcase scale, like this cheaper one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-Fishing-Digital-Weight-Electronic-Pocket-Hanging-Hook-Scale-40kg-10g/131876388393?hash=item1eb471fe29:g:hlkAAOSwRgJXhiIq
- I use a Phillips screwdriver for the handle. Any 6mm metal rod could be used.
- Project STL files.
- Microsoft excel spreadsheet to tuning the pressure, based on diameter of basket.
- A variety of tampers .stl files, from 51mm to 58mm.
You can view more details about the product on the link bellow:
3D printing settings
Bellow settings that I used to print this design:
- No supports are required, just put the face with the largest area of each part on the printer bed.
- 0.2mm layer height.
- 4 Top/Bottom Solid Layers.
- 4 Outline/Perimeter Shells.
- 25% Infill (Full Honeycomb).
3D printer file information
3D design format: PDF, RAR, and STL Folder details Close
- How to embed the scale in this project.pdf
- Publication date: 2020/06/22 at 02:25
Passion for data, travel, making, engineering and all things design. Since 2014 design and printing things.
Collection associated with this 3D model
Best sellers of the category Home
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!