Toy Hand Crank
- 3.5k views
- 15 likes
- 118 downloads
3D model description
Toy hand crank (rope winder, hand winch / spool / drum / reel) to turn the wooden beams on a mud kitchen into a crane.
This is already the third iteration of the design. I'd love to hear if you have improvement ideas.
3D printing settings
Of the five print files, two are symmetrically used two times and thus needed to be printed twice:
- Wall mount
- Wheel: PRINT 2x!
- Drum half: PRINT 2x!
- Axis lid
I used white PETG for printing since I intended it to be used outside. Can probably be easily printed in any other material.
I also activated supports on the base plate, although only the axis lid needs them.
I used a layer height of 0.2 mm, but this is quite uncritical, you can probably use anything. The nozzle of the Prusa i3Mk3 is 0.4 mm. I think I chose an infill of 60%, but not sure anymore.
The print of all parts took around 6 hours.
Additionally some 3mm wood screws are needed for attaching the wall mount on a wooden beam/wall, and for the axis lid to be mounted. The screw on the axis lid also produces the drag for the wheel.
Assembly according to the animated gif.
- Maybe the shaft needs a bit of sanding before the wheels and the drum will slide on it smoothly.
- The PETG material is a bit demanding to print.
- The drum is not that stable as long as not assembled. I once broke out one of these 'cog' teeth.
- Once the wheels are connected to the drum with these four pins, it is pretty hard to remove it again without breaking the wheel (I broke two of them). Think before you assemble.
- The PETG is somewhat flexible, so the hand crank is a bit wobblier than it looks. Still works fine however.
3D printer file information
3D design format: STL Folder details Close
- Last update: 2020/07/30 at 10:44
- Publication date: 2020/07/26 at 22:10
Best sellers of the category Game
Add a comment
Would you like to support Cults?
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!