Tiny Airplane :
This project was made for kids to have fun during covid19 confinement period.
It's a very simple hack of a rc micro quad (could be done with micro rc car or boat as well).
All you need is:
1) Create an aircraft of your own design or with provided planes.
it's better if it's light but since you have a balancing weight it doesn't really matters as long as your motor can move it (
FYI : the pink biplane I made weights 30gr with 300 mAh battery)
2) glue the motor on it. A little angle upwards helps if you want to fly high. It's better if you have low pitch 2 blades prop (less noise, slower flight, longer flight time). In this example I use one blade nano QX prop
3) plug the motor to the correct back motor outputs (haven't tried front outputs tbh)
4) find or make a rigid enough beam (balsa wood, pvc pipe..). Cut it to an appropriate length depending on your playground size (1m is fine).
5) Make the pendulum tower (foam, cardboard, wood doesn't matter)
6) find a way to create a 2 axis pivot (turning 360°, up/down 10-45°) > In this example I just use a screw and some loose adjustment. Ideally you could make smth nicer with a 3D printer and some ball bearings ;)
7) Fix the aircraft to the end of the bar, a weight to the other end and the tower in between. Position the weight so that the balance point is achieved when the battery isn't onboard.
Then attache the battery with an elastic or velcro tape, plug it, make a first flight and then improve the all system!
Side notes :
I highly encourage you to make it yours by creating new aircrafts and improving the idea as you always do !
I hope this will help you have good fun in this confined times.
Stay home and enjoy, Alex
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!