I am still a kind of novice in CAD and 3D printing, but I am learning everyday (or at least, I try!) and this challenge was a good opportunity for me to work on a funny project.
While speaking with my children about what we could propose, one spoke about a piano, the second about drum, the last one about trumpet…
Well, after few hours thinking about a potential result, we converged toward a drum, with hammers as drum sticks, and horn-shaped toms to amplify the sound (noise?).
I really had fun to develop it, and to work on some evolution (not part of the challenge !) by motorizing the drum and also adapting a piezo-sensor to link with a midi system (see the "evolution" section)
The following is an updated version (first one was presented few days ago..). Main changes are:
- More toms and variations in the shapes to modify the sounds
- Rounding of the cam bolt's edges to facilitate insertion on the camshaft
- added videos and pictures
- some fun with evolution of the drum (see the last section !)
- 2 versions (for base and camshaft): the normal version to comply with the challenge's rules (max. dimensions 10x10x12.5) and a XL version with 5 tom housings.
Evolutions section: Added link to a piezo/Midi converter. Pictures will follow.
Video presentation: https://youtu.be/mHfu1JUAYuEf
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!