This Marblevator is indeed armed, as it utilizes an arm mechanism to lift marbles from the end of the track and position them at the beginning of the track, but it's not dangerous (well, unless a finger gets in the way)! The tracks are interchangeable, I'm working on new ones.
UPDATE: a new, but equally boring track is here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:637965.
Video of prototype is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAVz1Sx7UTg.
Designed using Sketchup Make 2015, and printed in PLA on a Makerbot Replicator 2 using Makerware 126.96.36.199 "Standard" Settings (.2mm layer height, 2 shells, 10% infill).
Parts I purchased:
1) 60RPM Speed Reducer Rectangle Shape N20# Magnetic Mini Geared Motor 6V DC (Amazon, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AUCGJX0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1).
2) Coaxial Power Jack (Radio Shack part number 274-1583).
3) 3.0 Vdc Power Supply (Radio Shack part number 273-315 with the "N" style plug 273-345, you get one free with the power supply).
4) 3 "marbles" (8mm ball bearings purchased at a local Ace hardware store, also available on Amazon).
5) Large rubber sticky feet (available at hardware and dollar stores).
Print all pieces as shown in "Assembly.skp". Carefully remove the hold down pads on "Base.stl".
Test fit and trim, file, sand, etc. all parts as necessary for smooth movement of moving surfaces, and tight fit for non moving surfaces. Depending on the colors you chose and your printer settings, more or less trimming, filing and/or sanding will be required.
Assemble as per "Assembly.skp".
Lubricate all contacting moving surfaces with light machine oil.
Wiring is pretty straight forward and simple, however you'll need minimal soldering skills and soldering equipment. Basically, solder a 3" red wire between the gear motor "plus" terminal and the coaxial power jack "Center" terminal, then solder a 3" black wire between the gear motor "minus" terminal and the coaxial power jack "Shield" terminal.
Comment if questions.
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!