These are USB paddle game controllers for old games, akin to the Atari 2600 paddles.
You will need to print the top and bottom segments, the knob, and the converter box. The converter box can handle two paddles.
The controller works with the DICE emulator's pong if you set the controls correctly.
The knob is tweaked from here.
To build, you will need:
My firmware uses Roger's libmaple Arduino core and my USB Composite library. For installation and bootloader instructions, see here. You should also get the latest version of my USB Composite library instead of using the older version that's bundled with the core.
The Blue Pill goes in the converter box. Four wires run from that to each paddle.
Wire paddles as follows (with pot upside down and pins pointing upward)
* Blue Pill Ground to pot right
* Blue Pill 3.3V to pot left and to one pin on switch
* PA1 (paddle 1) or PA3 (paddle 2) to pot middle
* PA2 (paddle 1) or PA4 (paddle 2) to other pin on switch.
The firmware has three operation modes:
* Single joystick (default): X axis = paddle 1, Y axis = paddle 2, button 1 = paddle 1 button, button 2 = paddle 2 button. To force this mode, hold paddle 1 button down for five seconds while plugging into USB port.
* Dual joystick: joystick 1 (both X and Y axes and button) = paddle 1, joystick 2 = paddle 2. To force mode, hold both paddle buttons down while plugging.
* Mouse: X = paddle 1, Y = paddle 2, left click = paddle 1 button, right click = paddle 2 button. To force mode, hold right paddle button down while plugging.
If you force a mode, it will be saved to flash for next time.
You like Cults and you want to help us continue the adventure independently? Please note that we are a small team of 3 people, therefore it is very simple to support us to maintain the activity and create future developments. Here are 4 solutions accessible to all:
ADVERTISING: Disable your AdBlock banner blocker and click on our banner ads.
DONATE: If you want, you can make a donation via PayPal here.
WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your friends to come, discover the platform and the magnificent 3D files shared by the community!