5th November 2013
added Three newer versions 1.2A 1.2B 1.2C and 1.2D
identical to previous version, but includes a gopro name plate on the fronts
4th November 2013
added two newer versions 1.1 and 1.1a
revised to have thinner walls- less material needed, the 1.1C / D experimental version are added with tabs to allow the use of an elastic band, to secure the cover in place better. (i had found that my cover would fall off too easily after the cap has been used a number of times or if the gopro was put into a bag or pocket, it just worked its was loose.) neither printed yet.
Versions 1.2B and 1.2D are identical to their namesakes, except they do not have to GoPro name branding on the faceplate. I have seen ones similar, but i never have much success when using other peoples design for items that have fine tolerances, so i knocked my own up using my own measured off dimensions and it turned out to be a nice snug fit. I added a small recess on the cover top, so that there is less chance of the cover binding on to the lens face. This was supposed to be a tolerance test piece, prior to me adding to it, but it was such a good fit on the first attempt i thought id upload it so that others may benefit from it. i will amend the design fully when i need to replace my current lens covers (already done as of the latest downloads)
I use Cura on my Ultimaker Original to prepare the print.
Free Download of Cura http://software.ultimaker.com/
I printed at 0.2 layer in PLA 215 degrees and an infil of 25%
0.8 wall thickness, 0.6 btm / top thickness, print speed 50mm/s